96 ish or later Taurus SHO - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

96 ish or later Taurus SHO

What you guys think? im going to take a peak tommorrow, it took a little love tap to the back side. I wanna see if its worthwhile fixing. I unnderstand the V8 is a yamaha, so im guessing mucho grando for partsanados amigos. but still, im guessing it would be fun. its also apparently a 5spd, although it says they didnt make the last gen SHO available with a standard, so, yeah, give me your opinions pretty please.PS missed you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 AM

Maybe check out the v6 sites, like v6power.net they may have more info. I raced one last year, not sure if it was stock but it ran low 15s. On the blue oval logo it does say Yamaha, first time I saw that I said WTF?? Thought some nut had put a big ass motorcycle motor in it

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:27 PM

cool car.
the 3L and V8 are both yamaha engines.
3.0l standard ('89-91)
3.2Ls where the autos (92-95)

1996-1999 was the 3.4L v8, only in auto. so must be a conversion? lol
i would pick it up if the price is right and the bodys not to bad haha
also gotta becarfull of separation of the camshaft from its sprocket ??
appently that was a huge problem with them, easy fix if you just weld the camshafts

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Yeah it is indeed an auto. went and looked today, just a touch over 200 000kms on it. pretty clean, leather and a sunroof. its missing both pieces of glass on drivers side, and passenger door glass and sunroof and its got a fairly major ding in the truck, but only the trunk, nothing major, just looks ugly. rims and tires are gone its just sitting on donuts. fairly clean though (except for the glass everywhere) waiting to here on the status of it, whether it can be sold or its a really bad repo or what. What do you think cheap is for this puppy? knowing what it needs for sure, and guessing that it still runs decent. all the missing parts for it can easily be had in the same wrecker yard, but im just not sure, have to wait and here about it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode