Tires...... - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Tires......

What make of tires are you running, or you had in the past, and how do you like them

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 PM

michelins on the explorer decent and long lasting

hankooks on the f150 havent driven it all that much to tell put less then 5000k on them and had them for 2yrs lol a good street tire but wouldnt take much performance i dont think
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 12:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Well Had the 33" BFG T/A KO's on the F150...lover them, they look and preform well and are quiet

Upgraded to 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ So far so good I love them too, and I don't mind the fact that they are noisy, you can hear the hum from blocks away...luv it

Work truck will get BFG mud's real soon just trying to wear out the old all seasons first....Had those on the old F350 and they are great!

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 12:41 AM

Currently I have Nitto Dune Grapplers on the truck, and they work pretty good so far, get alot of comments about them too because of the tread design. I also have a set of 35" toyo open country M/T's that were GREAT tires.

2004 Lincoln Aviator 32v 4.6L V8
R.I.P. - 2004 F150 FX4
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Lilbigtrk
i'm runnign A/T's right kno. that suck shit i ****ing hate em the only thing there god for is smoke when your doing a break stand. i have bridgestone M/T's i'm getting put on sat. then in to the mudd i go....ohh and BFG's A/T's suck in the mudd.

MAKE: Ford, MODEL:Ranger, YEAR: 1993, MODS:4inch body lift, 32 11.5 15 M/T's, push bar chrome, rollbar black,4 off road light JVC CD deck,2 12' mtx subs, 1000watt mtx amp,blue neon
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:37 PM

All different kinds of Michelins and I am running BFG commercial traction T/A's and they are an awsome tire for holding in the bad stuff and not to bad on the highway.
Yes I work for Michelin so tires are cheap for me... get to try out all the different types.
Truck still had the original Goodyear Wranglers on it when I bought it, not bad in the snow but no good off road at all.

Last edited by Umaxman; 06-11-2008 at 05:06 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM

Stock Pirelli Scorpions, so far so good.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM

In the past I've had:
  • Swamper Thornbirds - Awsome in the mud, useless on everything else but dry pavement. Ran them for a full year (20 000km, of wich about 2000km were done offraod) and they still had a good 75% tread left on them so they didn't wear much. They are almost impossible to balance and they make your truck sound like a cesna plane and look real badass. But they only come in limited sizes.
  • BFG AT k/o - Very versatile tire. Not so good in thick mud but very decent on everything else. Probably the best A/T out there, but you pay for it. They last a long time (drove almost 90 000km on them) and are availible in almost all sizes.
  • GoodYear MTR - Not impressed at all by these. They did ok in the mud and on the trails in general, but the were awfull on pavement - dry or wet - and cost too much IMHO. They also wear down really fast: not even 20 000km and they were toast. Availible in almost any size tho.

Now runnig:
  • Procomp A/T: Not as good as the BFG AT k/o in the light mud, but very similar for everything else. They also seem to be tough (drove 7000km on them and the still look like new) and cost far less than the BFG (about 300$ less for a set of the same size). I use them as winter tires (they are rated as winter tires) as well as for long road trips. I think they are a really good tire for the price and they are availible in mostly all common sizes.
  • Super Swamper SX: Awsome tire for almost every off road situation. Clears mud easily, handles rocks crawling too and have a lot of sidewall strenght (I usually air them down to 15psi for wheeling and it doesn't even show on the sidewall). They are OK on pavement but you have to be a bit carefull when it's wet. They also growl a bit too, witch is fine by me. I only put about 2000km on them, so I can't really comment on the wear yet. Sizes are limited, but they have a few similar tires availible on most sizes.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
Goodyear Wrangler RTS
Truck had them when I got it. My dad has put them on all his trucks expect his current one which has Pirelli Scorpions on it.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:59 PM

I can say im the exact oposite on what spider said on the thornbirds and mtr's

when i had my 2000 4x4 the MTR's were great offroad and on any pavement wet or dry didnt put alot of k's on them but wear was normal for a mudtire were great in sandy conditions

thornbirds are a thorn in alot of guys sides here.... they do look great but other then that not much good to say about them... they gum up in the thick stuff and dont seem to clean themselves out and for road use good on dry but wet roads they hydro plane alot and bad wear patterns....

everyone has there preferance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode