Test Drives - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
Talking Test Drives

A few of us from work went to a test drive event today, held by the leasing company we use for all our Vehicles. They had just about everything there. From a smart car to the top of the line Audis, BMWs and so on. I test drove a total of 4 vehicles in the two hours we were there. Had to go back to work unfortunately. All the cars they had where just sitting there with the keys in them. All I had to do is get in and drive off. Had to pinch myself to make sure it was true. Each vehicle had a survey sheet that you can fill out and hand in which I did for all but one.

First vehicle I drove was the new Lincoln MKS, fully loaded with all the options. Very nice and luxuries interior. The seats are very comfortable and the leg room very good my 6 4 height. I did have to put the seat down a bit for more head room. The dash is very easy to read and has nice contrasting colors. The turn radios and steering feedback was very good. The car could us more power of the line. Next year they are supposed to come out with the EccoBoost version, which should help in this area.

Next up was the Cadillac CTS. I am not sure what trim level it was but it was not the top of the line. The side mirrors are like diamond shaped and make it very hard to see and adjust. The seats were not very comfortable and leg room was not bad. Head room was pretty good. The car did not drive bad but I was not impressed and would not consider getting one.

Third up was the Hyundai Genesis. After reading about this car in several magazines I was expecting a lot more. The exterior is a blend of different luxury cars out there but looks pretty good. The interior materials seem nice at first but once you drive the car the dash seems to close and tight feeling, even though leg room and head room was not too bad. At first I felt very uncomfortable in the seat but it got better as I drove it a bit. I believe the one I drove was a 6 cyl so power was average. I would have like to have the 8 cyl version.

Last but by far the best thing I drove was a 2009 F150 XLT 4X4. This truck was big looking and felt that way as well. Getting in a driving it out of the parking lot I felt right at home. It had the towing mirrors on it so seeing what was around you was very easy. It had the bench seat and the shifter on the console which was strange now that I am used to having it on the centre console. The Truck felt like it could go over anything, like a tank. I loved it. Power was pretty much the same as my Mark LT and overall I would not say it drove any better or worse than mine. The new interior layout is very nice but would take a little getting used to. One thing it needs is the auto up and down windows option for both driver and passenger side. My Mark LT does not have it either but I was hoping they would put that into the newer once. Even my Mustang has it. A small but convenient thing. Of course I took a few pictures of the Truck for everyone to see. Only cell phone quality though.

So in the end I just proved that I bleed blue. The only things I like where Ford products

Last edited by hogdust; 09-10-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM

Very Nice
How did you like shifting of the transmission, and extra 20 hp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
beautiful..... any engine pics did it have the 5.4 in it?

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pearl View Post
Very Nice
How did you like shifting of the transmission, and extra 20 hp
It shifted very nicely. I did not notice any more power than mine
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
beautiful..... any engine pics did it have the 5.4 in it?

Sorry no pictures of the Engine. I did not think about it. I am 99.9% sure it has the 5.4. I can't imagine a Truck that size with anything less
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
they do have 2 4.6L out for it. the old 2V and a new 3V one that's in the sport trac. Oh well, i can dream....probably the 5.4 tho.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

I totally forgot one car I drove. A Chevy Malibu Hybrid. It was a very plain version but I had never driven a Hybrid before so I figured I would try it. The seats were very comfortable and overall leg and head room was good. Not a lot of power from the engine but I would not expect that from this type of car. It was very strange to notice the engine shut off at a light but as soon as I let go of the brake it came back to life. Not my type of product but I guess it would be cheap.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM

One thing I like that Ford it taking a lead on is the intergrated trailer brake controller, I think that is one of the best things that a manufacturer could do!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode