Sold My Truck - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rangerfied
Sold My Truck

Well, I sold my F-150 today. My wife had been talking about getting a Ford Escape, and we bought one. We had thought of selling both our vehicles and getting one, but then realized, we probably do need two vehicles. I had mentioned if we traded both, then I would just buy a cheap car to get from point a to b. But, like my wife mentioned, we may as well keep the car as we've already done work to it. If we get another uese one, then who knows what could be wrong with it.
She said, she didn't want to make me get rid of my truck, so she left it up to me. As much as I love my F-150, it was hard on gas at a $1.39/L. I figured it'd soon be parked in the drive way anyway and I wouldn't be driving it that much. Now I am an owner of a 2007 Ford Escape XLT.

It is Black in colour, with Black and tan interior. 4WD with the 6 cylinder engine in it. It does have 80,000kms on it because a guy used it to deliver parts from the dealership to all the small garages around the area. However, the truck was always serviced right at the dealership we bought it at. It comes with a premium warranty package on it, that is good to 2013 or 150,000kms. All there is with it, is a $100 deductible. We get 3 free oil changes a year for 3 years, and roadside assistance for 5 years. It actually had a better warranty on it then the 2008 that we looked at.

I went to one Ford Dealership, and they basically insulted me when they offered me $800 to $1000 for my truck. Then the 2008 they wanted to give me on trade was a U.S. vehicle, which only had 3yrs or 30,000 miles for a warranty. It already had 28,000 kms on it, so I figured 50,000kms is about 30,000 miles, which means we'd have just under 2yrs left of a warranty. This dealership also didn't impress me as I had to fight tooth and nail just to get them put down on paper the monthly payments, where the other dealership put it all in the computer and printed it off for me to take home and think about it.

Anyway, I'm going to miss having the truck, but I don't think I'll miss putting the gas in it at these prices.

I hope to post some pictures later.

TR

Rangerfied
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
that's too bad. but as long as you like the escape, that's all that matters. we got a new 08 escape about 6 months ago and had to say bye to the 2000 expedition. i miss the room and towing of the expy, but yeh the fillups are nicer Congrats on the new ride.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to 98nascartruck
Sorry to hear you sold your truck BUT understand why and sounds like you got a good vehicle by getting that 07 Escape XLT!!!!

Gordon
Proud owner of 1998 NASCAR special edition F-150
(Celebrates 50 yrs of NASCAR and the F series truck)

My Pictures

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 PM

Congrats on the new truck. Can't wait to see pics.

1997 F-150 xl
1984 Honda XR200R (the toy)
2007 Honda CRF100f (the spare toy)
2005 Jayco Baja 10Y (the home away from home)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM

Congrats on the new SUV
My wife has a tribute and she loves it
You will be happy with it
Now you have to show up at the meet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
congrats I think

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rangerfied
I hope to have some pictures posted of the Escape soon.

Rangerfied

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode