what if? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

what if?

i'm just curious, i dont really follow the market or anything just going by what i hear. like that gm will be bankrupt by jan.

if ford goes bankrupt, does that mean they dont have to honour warrenties anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 PM

Ford is saying that they still have enough cash left to stay alive till middle of 2009.

But, Ford is pretty confident that there going to be able to turn around and rethink they business plan and make it work for them. Hopefully!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

oh i know, i hadn't heard ford was going bankrupt or anything just curious in general, if a car company goes bankrupt do they get outta the warrenties still active. like daewoo.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
i'm just curious, i dont really follow the market or anything just going by what i hear. like that gm will be bankrupt by jan.

if ford goes bankrupt, does that mean they dont have to honour warrenties anymore?
is a good question

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM

the government will bail them out.... but they will need to rethink there buisness plans thats forsure... GM is byfar in the worse shape but i hope they dont disapear... they have some decent looking stuff in there lineup.... i mean when was the last time you herd anyone say a toyota camery looked good ? just another generic bubble driving down the road....

ive seen a few dealers offering shares in ford when you purchase a car/truck.. dont know if its a ford plan or just a dealer thing prtty cool tho
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 AM

Any of the big three going bankrupt would be a disaster for North America. Failure of the US auto industry would kill the entire US economy, their government will not allow this. I saw a figure of how many Americans are directly or indirectly employed by the auto industry it is in the tens of millions.

2008 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4 w/XTR Package
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 04:28 PM

Actually, Ford the one the best positioned of the big 3. GM never had a plan, they were always trying to make us "There was no problem", and Chrysler is dead since AMC...

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Chevy...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM

I first heard this on Howard Stern - don't scoff, he actually has some pretty decent news coverage on his show. But here's a link to a "mainstream" media source:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...8-9e4fba1c0287

To sum up, Obama would be in favour of a bail out after his presidency becomes official. Of course, if any automaker declares bankruptcy before then...well, it would be bad. As for who would handle automaker warranties, as the government would be responsible for the companies in the event of a bankruptcy, I imagine it would be up to them what to do.

Cheers,
D.

2007 Ranger FX4 Level II|Black|4.0L SOHC|5-spd stick|Power|Leather|Sirius|31"x10.5" BFGs|15" Polished Alcoas|FIAMM air horn|Explorer OHC|clear corners
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 AM

they will be ok they will just cut costs,probably start at the bottom like usual and cut back warrranty times for us poor saps that do it!

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode