What to look for when buying a used cap?
Okay, i'm interested in purchasing a cap for my truck. Last cap I owned was included with the truck so I wanna be sharp for a "pricey" purchase like this.
So far i'm aware of looking at the following;
- cracks in shell
- warping and general fit with vehicle
- cracks in windows (and window material type)
- operation of door hinge
- operation of door lock if equipped ..... if there is/are key(s) available
- operation of sliding windows if equipped
- condition of seal(s)
- condition/fit of clamps and if clamps are even included (customary???)
- operation of lighting if equipped
Did I miss anything? I want to look at one and want to be sure I don't miss anything.