Reason for buying a Truck? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Reason for buying a Truck?

What were your reasons for purchasing a pick up?

I was recently rear-ended at a major intersection by a lady driving a honda fit. Her car was totaled beyond repair while my Ford Probe got 7+g's in damage.

Her excuse was that she never saw me and she pressed the throttle instead of the brake. I simply cannot drive another car because of this accident.

The body shop wanted to fix my car as it was in tip-top condition, rust proofed every year, detailed and maintained by me of course.

I have only had my FX4 for 2 weeks and still getting used to driving the beast lol, but I feel extremely safe in it.

Let's hear some more stories!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
It runs in the family, we've always had trucks the only car we have is Mustang. I don't "need" a truck cause I don't haul or tow anything with it but like you said I feel safer in one. The 4wd is nice too.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM

105th Anniversary Harley truck...'nuff said

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 PM

We camp alot and that is the biggest reason but we also have dogs and it's easier to transport them in a truck. I also like the added saftey if something were to happen, my wife was rearended a few years back by a fullsize van and if she were in a car it would probably have been ALOT worse. And I like to go wheeeling alot so a car would only get beat on with me driving.

1997 F-150 xl
1984 Honda XR200R (the toy)
2007 Honda CRF100f (the spare toy)
2005 Jayco Baja 10Y (the home away from home)
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM

I ride a bike as well... and have a snowblower... and play a lot of competitive slo-pitch, with lots of gear. Stuffing crap in a trunk, or the back seat to go to tourneys doesn't work... and the snowblower and the motorcycle don't fit in the backseat.

I'm also 6'6"... so finding a car with the proper leg room is hard to do as well.

Also, you just never know when you're going to get the call to pick up a friend's bike because it broke down, or he crashed... or help someone move something. People complain about their friend's calling them because they have a truck... I look at it as an excuse to drive.
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 04:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lilbigtrk
i've been in an accedent with the sunfire and then i bought my ranger and i feel a lot safer in it and i've been in one accedent wiht it and 2800$ damage to my truck lol..
and i'll never go back to a car no way no how. i usua;llly dont let my friend drive his car

MAKE: Ford, MODEL:Ranger, YEAR: 1993, MODS:4inch body lift, 32 11.5 15 M/T's, push bar chrome, rollbar black,4 off road light JVC CD deck,2 12' mtx subs, 1000watt mtx amp,blue neon
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 05:16 PM

Sold the car cause it had a bodykit.. NEVER PUT BODYKIT ON A CAR!!!!!!!!! PITA!

I'm starting motocross racing again in the summer, I go camping often so when I sold the car it was just a matter of which truck getting. Plus lifted truck look too good to pass up

2008 Ranger FX4
Some lift, some tires, and a winch
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 05:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
I live in Northern Ontario and work in the bush...Truck just makes sense

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to jdcrush Send a message via Yahoo to jdcrush
I hunt, fish, camp and do a lot of home repairs so I need the hauling capabilitites, but it is also my daily driver so I got the Ranger, it's still small enough to zip around the city not to badly.

post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Well 2 reasons I have a truck: 1 to pull a RV trailer and 2: So I can piss my neighbours off when I can drive anywhere I want in the snow whille they struggle with their cars and mini vans.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode