Brake Blues! - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Brake Blues!

I was in a pickle the other day. I was out for a drive with a friend of mine and pulled into a coffee shop, when I went to leave I put my foot on the brake and the peddle went right to the floor after I had pulled it into gear. There I was rolling towards some poor defenceless car, talk about a bad feeling. To keep things short nothing happened and I got my truck stopped but I thought I should bring this up with other OBS Ford lovers out there on the importance of keeping tabs on the condition of the hard brake lines of our "Daily Driven" trucks. I was lucky, will you be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Glad you got the truck stopped and nobody was hurt. That sounds like the master cylinder failed to me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
nope it was the lines. Gotta remember they are metal and they do rust out. Replaced mine last year

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lone Ranger
Had to do mine last year as well. Not bad for a 16 year old truck I guess, but the only lines that are original are the front ones from the master to the front flex lines (all 3 flex lines are new), and the rear one from the master to the ABS module in the frame rail (has a ABS module in the frame for the rear brakes, but none for the front). The hard line from the module to the back rotted out a few years back, then I ended up replacing the lines on the rear axle with those wire wrapped heavy ones to protect them from rocks and such.

You also have to watch for wheel cylinders if you have rear drums, I always have issues with those and now just replace them every time I do the brakes (try to do them every 2 - 3 years at least). LR

Matt T.

'09 Ford Ranger FX4 with a mean owner
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM

little more of a problem out east,just remember to check them at least once a year.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode