someone help please! - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Forum Newbie

someone help please!

Need someone from alberta to get me a buyers sellers package for a truck registered to alberta! Story: my uncle had purchased a truck from a guy that had moved to ontario but never transfered truck into his name, my uncle passed away and we're un able to find the ownership! Willing to transfer money unless person seems suspicious! Need the buyers sellers package to find out who last registered owner was! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 06:46 AM

I have lived in Alberta my whole life and have no clue what a buyers sellers package is.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 07:08 AM

Garage
Sooooooo, your uncle bought a truck off a guy from Alberta, and the truck ownership had someone else's name on it, not the guy that was selling it. Nope, nothing suspicious here, seems legit. lol

And you'll transfer money to someone, unless they seem suspicious, which is easy to tell on the internet.

Just for a laugh, try running the VIN through Service Ontario, the Used Car Information Package is law n Ontario, and tracks the vehicle history.

May or may not have the info you're looking for, other than that, call the RCMP and see if the VIN is in some sort of stolen car database.

I'd be super suspicious if someone ended up in Ontario from Alberta, without their name on an ownership, sounds like your uncle bought a stolen truck.

Thats just me though, sorry for your loss, welcome, and good luck!

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 10:12 PM

ad is on kijiji with a contact phone number and more info.

ad no. 1127106186
if vehicle was never transferred>licenced in Ontario, services Ontario will have no record of it. sounds like this person has already tried that .

I suggested he try here as we have some Alberta members.

[SIGPIC]
summer: RIP 72 Bronc, 68 Merc,
Daily:94 Exp xlt , Barney the PSD CW
projects: all on hold for now
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 04:13 AM

Garage
That original post would have come across better if you posted that little tidbit of info first. lol

Service Ontario was all I had, apologies if I came across the wrong way but seriously, would you buy a truck from a third party owner?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 04:21 AM

Garage
Here's the text from the kijiji ad, with a little more info the first posting didn't have....

Quote:
My uncle had purchased this truck a year or 2 ago wanting to fix it up befor putting in his name! Unfortunately he had passed away befor doing so! We are unsure where the ownership or bill of sale is. The truck is registered to alberta, so service ontario can't do anything about it! What I need help with is finding the last owner! Last I heard is he lives in sarnia! Any help would be appreciated!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode