Undercarriage wash - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Undercarriage wash

Does anyone out there know where I can get an undercarriage wash in the Edmonton area. I didn't get the 1 ton into the steamcleaners at work before they shut down for the season, and the dealership wants 500 to do, seems more than a little steep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 03:55 PM

any petro can un less ur duty is lifted... i know the on on 97th st right be for it turns into hy28. has an under wash.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I am looking for something a little higher pressure that can get between skid plates, in the transmission tunnel and those hard to reach areas. The coin type washes are ok when I take my wheel ramps in, but they lack the power to get rid of the dried on mud that I get at work. I will probably take your suggestion anyway, at least it will get some of the debris off.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM

I've tried almost everything on my work truck, and really the only thing I've found that works is to let the dried on mud pre-soak as long as you can. That helps to soften it up. Sometimes I try to fund creeks and puddles to drive through, to soak the underside of the truck, on the way back to town. I'm worried about the really high pressure truck washes because they can take off paint, and drive water past seals, etc., and screw up electrical connections if you're not careful. Sometimes you can't get it all off in one go. Let it warm up and soak as much as you can (if you can!). Other than that, because now it's winter, you might have to live with it for a few months.

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode