anybody in Napanee? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

anybody in Napanee?

anybody in Napanee?
going to look at a 96 Ford on Friday, owner has sent a few pics but they are all cell phone ones. its a non running Powerstroke that needs injectors. I'm not worried about the motor, justthe cab/doors/frame condition.
its a 3.5-4hr drive for us, and the wife and youngest is coming along.

if this truck is a real pile, I'll be into it for about $130 for the fuel. don't own a good recon car .anymore........................

if anybody near it could check it out for me or even snap a few pics that would be cool, and much appreciated.

thanks in advance. PM me if anybody can help.

I miss my little VW diesel for this kind of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Wish I had seen this yesterday . I am normally in Kingston from Monday to Thursday . Came back early this week . I am back out there again next week if your plans change and you can't make it out there I'd be happy to go and get some pics for you.

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUKNUT View Post
Wish I had seen this yesterday . I am normally in Kingston from Monday to Thursday . Came back early this week . I am back out there again next week if your plans change and you can't make it out there I'd be happy to go and get some pics for you.
D'OH

I have never been to Napanee before, I tried to talk the wife into hoteling it in Kingston Friday nite, but she says not without all the kids.

the truck is a 1996 F250 CC 4x4. over 300,000km I already have a low km engine for it. so the nostart thing doesn't bother me, but I've seen trucks that should have gone for scrap advertised as good condition. so its like a shot in the dark. I 've never driven this far to look at an old truck................

if our plans change for Friday I'll PM you for next week.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM

No problem . I am coming back early again next week . I think Tues afternoon so let me know
Monday.

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

hmmm, starting to make me think about changing my plans for Friday. Its a full day trip for us.
Its been for sale since mid march, he's only about 10 min south of the 401.
if I have to work another 12hour shift thursday night I won't be up to the Friday drive anyway. wife won't drive the clubwagon with the trailer in tow, so its me only behind the wheel.

truck probably isn't going anywhere.......

i'll have to discuss withthe boss when she gets up.

love your philosophy!
If I'm fixing it I'll drive it like its stolen.

thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

well no matter how you polish it, its still..........

good thing I didn't have to travel far.

cab floor Lside, both fenders rotten, both front doors skins just starting to show holes, L rear door had front bottom corner bent out enough that the door wouldn't open properly. R rear door was the last thing I looked at before I offered the guy $800. after he grumbled a lot, I changed my mind and left.

the rad support even needed replace ment. 1 straight panel on the truck was the R rear door, and the latch mechanism was seized so I couldn't even open it.

not 1 interior part that wasn't destroyed. rusted out around the top of the windshiled where he had siliconed the broken windshield in place .

336,000km and abused every one. would have been a sharp truck new!
under the hood was a missing Lside rocker cover with the wiring harness (opened up)out the L side of the engine pinched in the rockers.
he didn't know where the rocker cover was!

So to make it a day trip, we took highway 41 up to Highway 7 and headed west, avoided all the big towns .
I don't get pissed at people anymore when people are not honest with me, lifes too short...............move on.

It was a hell of a nice day for a drive, all the way home. took us almost 6hrs coming home but we weren't in a hurry.

thanks for the offer TRUKNUT.

today I found great appreciation for my trucks I already have
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Just in case somebody else is interested, here is a link.
hey at least the guy listened to me when I told him to change the ad to say its a "4 door crewcab"

http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ366056616

he has low speed internet so cell phone pics only.

if somebody picks it up for parts, I would be interested in purchasing the frame. frame was good.

cheers
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:17 AM

yeah it sucks when people cant even be honest in an add.... its not like people are going to come look at the item....(sarcastic) lol

anymore if theres no pics I wont even go look at an item this day and age theres highspeed net for free at most coffeeshops or libraries makes no sense not to post pics up

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

he actually sent me pics but very poor quality.

I was discussing the truck with an old 4wheeling buddy at his shop yesterday, and as I was loading the gang onto the bus, he started talking about a Dana 60 he has that would bolt right under the front of my clubwagon....................

WOW
its even a quigley conversion diff.
hard for me not to buy it up. I'll trade him for some 78/79 truck parts.

now I need to figure out how much its worth to me, and do some trading.

I guess the van will be getting a front axle when it comes off the road this winter for bodywork. he said 35s fit with no lift in the front. hmmmm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode