Carefull on Victoria st Kitchener - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Carefull on Victoria st Kitchener

well been drivning the same route same speed for 10 yrs now home from work. way too many cops around close to Roxanne's . one followed me out past Lackner and then pulled me over. told me I was speeding, WTF I was doing 65 in a 60 and then 75 in a 70. I know this stretch of road and never push my luck.

I guess starting out with "what the fork did I do wrong" wasn't a good start.

he looked over my vehicle and noticed the expired sticker on the plate, gave him my licence and registration blablabla. he came back and told me I was going 17km/hr over the limit, and when I questioned him about it he said I was lucky all I was getting was a ticket for the sticker................. what an ASSHOLE! harrassing us poor working folk. they know every damn vehicle parked at roxannes anyhow.

I was hoping he was going to try the safety inspection card, just did rear brakes on Saturday.

I guess its time for the Farm plates to go on. then they will probably pull me over to check if I was carrying "cash crop"

I guess I'm lucky its my first ticket, have seen 8-10 copcars on this stretch on a monday night before, monday is amatuer nite at roxannes.

he must have been a new guy.
a short dumbass with a Napolean complex!

ok rant's done

[SIGPIC]
summer: RIP 72 Bronc, 68 Merc,
Daily:94 Exp xlt , Barney the PSD CW
projects: all on hold for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 AM

Garage
Quite the discrepancy between 5 over the limit and 17 over the limit.

All depends on what kind of day the guy with the badge is having....good info to have next time I find myself in Kitchener.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Did he show you the radar?
I'd fight it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Garage
Nothing to fight....no ticket for speeding, just the expired tags, and there's no arguing that.

Saying James was 17 over the limit was complete bullshit, there was no proof to back it up.

Who's to say the vehicle doing 17 over wasn't going the other way?

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Ahh I read that wrong. It sure was. He was just fishing.

But I think it's against something for him to pull you over for something and ticket you for something unrelated.

I thought I read that somewhere.. Research to come....

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

he is a new guy to the area, I drove the same route tonite on my way home same as every nite home from work, and as you cross intersection at Lackner heading towards Guelph speed changes from 60 km to 70 km. he pulled me over just after the speed limit change. I was going 77 in a 70 km zone I'm guessing and he thought it was still a 60km zone. he would have had no other reason to pull me over!

I can see my speedo being 2km off.

I never drive more than 10km over the limit anywhere except the 401, and then I won't go over 115.
I'm a pretty damn safe driver, with a motherload of safe miles under my belt. if I had an AZ licence I'd have a few companies wanting me, but i would much rather fix them than drive them

this cop didn't even know the limit I think. hey its fair game, my sticker was expired and I knew it. Emmissions test idiots in California refuse to test my van because its a diesel conversion at some point in its life and i can't supply them with the info they want about the conversion as I have no idea when or who it was done by.

so its getting farm plates all legit this week. I have POA for my parents, dad wants to downsize his # of vehicles, and he says he will sign whatever I want to state that I am a manager of his farm. so he's pulling a farm plated crewcab off the road, and i'm putting Barney on in my name with farm plates.

by the time I got up this morning my wife had already paid the fine.

she laughed at me as I started my rant when I got up.

she is the main reason I still have my wits after the big fire, helps me keep it all in perspective. and keeps me from beating the hell out of my brother

[SIGPIC]
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 AM

She ones of those keepers.

California emissions?

You should be able to do a smoke test.
Does it blow any black smoke?
Was the PSD an option for that year? Is it a full custom conversion? Or available stock, but converted after the fact?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
She ones of those keepers.

California emissions?

You should be able to do a smoke test.
Does it blow any black smoke?
Was the PSD an option for that year? Is it a full custom conversion? Or available stock, but converted after the fact?

not commonly known info unless you are a registered tester:
the company running our "Ontario Drive Clean" program is a company from California.

etests are done ONLY by the VIN number and its OEM configuration. my van was converted at some time in its life and it had to be a while back as its got 420,000km on it.
Ontario driveclean has a camera on you while tester is in operation. if camera isn't working tester will not operate.

My ownership even shows fuel type "D" as it was etested at my work before I could even register it 2 yrs ago. old etest system was working fine.

in order for me to be etested at all, I must have a new ownership showing its a diesel(which it already has, but not good enough? WTF) I must show pics of VIN, vehicle, engine pics, exhaust pics, who did the conversion and when.

so basically I have a 94 Van that had a 351W EFI , and its been replaced with a much more modern and clean 7.3 powerstroke.

I am registered to do heavy emmissions test, paid the funds but they won't accept my password that was given to me by them. I still get all their BS update information.

from what I've seen, the new system is way too complicated and has no tech support to speak of. unless of course you are in direct contact with the person behind the camera, and all they do is make things more complicated. Big brother is watching you, except its a private corporation in another country???????????????????????????????

so Barney is destined to be a Farmtruck the rest of his days. I'm not happy about it but really have no choice if we want to use it and its far from worn out!

there is always someone watching you........................................beware: (

[SIGPIC]
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM

Not sure if this is still an option with the new test or not but could they not put it through as a hotrod and then select the make model and year and then you just say what is in it for a motor and they do a two speed idle on it. Or none of this may apply if its a diesel. I'm not too sure though. I know that's how my buddies passed a couple of their cars and trucks that had motor swaps done on them a few years back.

If the mud ain't flyin' ... You ain't tryin'

2009 F-150 XLT 4x4 4.6L 2" Ready lift front and rear
1989 Bronco II 4x4 2.9L 6 - 8" skyjacker lift front and rear
1987/89 Bronco II 4x4 work in progress. Full size Dana 44,Ford 8.8 5.0L swap coming
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 PM

I know they are doing their job, but man it frustrates me to no end of the amount of idiots that are out there that don't follow the other traffic rules like stop signs, red lights, failing to use turn signals, ects, ects, ects.... and almost create accidents, and yet they don't get stopped..... but for those that drive slightly over the speed limit cautiously with the flow of traffic, get the fines! I know why, easy money from the easy target.

2008 Oxford White F150 FX2 SPORT Super Crew,5.4L.
2003 Satin Silver Clearcoat Mustang GT,4.6L 2V,5 speed.
stripped,slammed,& cammed!

aka 1LOW03GT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode