Ford Garage/dealer Good&Bad experiences - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
View Poll Results: Was I over the line whith this one?
Yes 1 5.26%
No 18 94.74%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Ford Garage/dealer Good&Bad experiences

Ok before I get pumbled by all the hard core ford fans, I want to let you know I'm FORD all the way, but I think that people should know and be able to let people know about good/bad customer care.

About six months ago my heater core blew in my truck, no biggy. When I when to see the service rep at elliot lake ford (I always gave them good buissnes) the rep who's name I won't mention told me it would cost over 1000$ for the install due to taking apart the whole dash. So when he ask what day would be good to come in I told him I was gonna shop around on that one, that I wasen't too crazy on paying 1000$ labour for a 100$ part.

He went nutz, he started yelling saying you can take your buisness elsewere and that they helped me out sooooo much that I should be greatful they even worked on my old truck there was too many miles on her, bla bla bla....wow... So I told him were to shove it then took off.. got my heater core fixed by a ford mechanic after hours for 400$....

Now everytime I go there with the work trucks he's never been nicer because my boss buys a new truck every other year and are vehcles get regular maintenace almost every month because we use them lot's and drive them hard...He hates the fact that my truck never goes in there garage anymore and is running better than ever.

I think no matter what you drive or spend, if you represent a big corperation like Ford you should keep your mouth zipped and a big smile, unless it get's personal. If it's your one private company then do what you want.

Any comment's, bashes(be nice), own stories are welcome. Post them up!!!!!!!!!

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Out for the night I'll let this on simmer a bit Happy New Beers!!!

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 08:26 PM

I had similar experience at a ford dealer in Brampton, I now drive 30 km to get my truck fixed in Orangville where I bought my latest truck. Quality mechanics, great service great tech support, never waited longer than 30 min for a truck, which I think is very reasonable. Hope your dealer learn his lesson, and for my dealer (Blackstock Ford) there should be more like that #1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
He went nutz, he started yelling saying you can take your buisness elsewere and that they helped me out sooooo much that I should be greatful they even worked on my old truck there was too many miles on her,
Being a tech I have seen lots of similar scenarios like these played out time and time again ! This kind of thing is why Ford has their customer feedback survey for sales and service departments.( if you recieve one in your area ) Every good or bad response they get back is posted on internal ford website for dealer principal/service manager/sales managers to review good or bad it is all there. The service manager should take appropriate action in a case like this to help you out for the arrogance and sheer unprofessionalism of his employee. Some service advisors/reps think that they have the only means by which you can have your truck repaired and they lose business because of this attitude they must remember The customer is always right !!!! and if it takes discounting the parts and labour to keep a customer happy so be it. They will always make it back over the long run when they recieve referals from that customer to other people.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 06:40 AM

I can't comment on your situation, but I have bought at least a vehicle from each Ford dealer in London and St.Thomas in the past 15 years. I went to Orangeville to buy the last(3 hour drive)........nuff said! I get the vehicles serviced at a local independent(not a dealership) when I can't do it.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS2SS
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to 98nascartruck
ALL of my experiences of Ford dealers have been in the states!!!!

The good experience for me was the dealer when I got my truck from a Ford dealer in Louisville,Ky!!! Everything when great and had no problems with them.

The Bad experience was about this time last year when my bro and I went to see our younger bro in Ky. We drove my bro 01 F250 V10 and everything was going great on the trip down to Ky, until we were in Dayton,Oh. We heard a and bad sound from the engine and my bro check it out and found a plug came out of the head(spitting a plug). In Ohio they have road side service and one of them stop to check on us and the guy called for a tow truck. Since we are hours away from our bro house and my bro decided to take the truck to a local Ford dealer in Dayton. Lets just say my brother didn't get his truck back over a week after dropping it off with them!!!

Gordon
Proud owner of 1998 NASCAR special edition F-150
(Celebrates 50 yrs of NASCAR and the F series truck)

My Pictures
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Bush_aholic
you were not over the line, that just sounds like a dealer tiring to rip you off and take you for a ride witch is total crap on their part and it wouldnt make me want to deal with them in the future

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

I don't go to dealerships anymore for repairs, if I can't or don't want to do it myself(thanks winter) I go to a private shop with my personal truck, they are much nicer and welcom your buissnes. But I'm trying to get my boss to go to Blackstock for the FX6 package on his 08' F350, showed him pic's yesterday.

98nascartruck
I blew 2 plugs from my heads at 190000km, the same ford dealer in elliot lake found other problems to fix and charged me 3000$, took both heads to get all holes machined, new manifold, timing chaine(link or something), 2 new coils, I cant remeber anything else, but wow$$$ he gave me the part's at cost for that repaire and that's why when he freaked he said they helped me out lot's, ya rite......I have more than one truck and they knew this so it took three weeks to get it back...

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Apprentice

I bought both my Ranger and Focus from Erinwood Ford in Mississauga. For service I go to either Erinwood Ford or Meadowvale Ford. Both dealers are great. The worst thing about Ford is Ford themselves. Ford of Canada treats customers like crap. After you sign your purchase contract Ford of Canada does not want to hear from you till you want another vehicle. I fought Ford for 2 years and finally ended up in court. Two days prior the court date Ford of Canada calls me asking to settle out of court. It was a very good settlement.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
I took my truck in to the local dealer for an oil change and tire rotation on a Saturday. The dealer closed at 3 and I was working until 6 so I told them to put it outside and lock the keys in it and I would come get it. When I got there I noticed my truck was dirty, like it had been driven down a gravel road, no biggy I thought they have a gravel parking lot. I go to open the door and its already unlocked with my keys sitting in plain view on the drivers seat. I notice that my carpet has dirty foot prints on it as well. I start it up and look at my gas gauge and notice its down from where it was when I dropped it off, then I look at the odometer, 60km's more than when I dropped it off! The next Monday I went in to complain and got blown off by the guy at the service counter, he got the guy who worked on it and he told he didn't drive it and took of. When I told my dad (he has bought countless trucks from them & had a Mustang on order at the time) about this he called the dealer and talked to the GM and told him how they treated me when I came in to ask them about it. He told them to fix the problem or they never see one of our 3 trucks in ever again and he'll cancel the Mustang.

The problem was never really resolved, all I received was an apology on the phone from the GM. Now when I take it there I specifically say DO NOT DRIVE MY TRUCK.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode