Wellington Road - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Wellington Road

Who here feels they need to fix this ugly road, it is terrible, Pot holes everywere giant cracks and water holes... today coming home from work coming north(i believe, towards Port Stanely) there was a pot hole on the far lane just before the 401... i knew it was there on the outside but i couldnt get over, it wasnt too big so i go over it, not bad i cringe waiting for something nothing... thinking this is the fifth one now, well turns out theres another one, thats about twice the size... long story short my truck is currently located in Elgin Ford cause my right side now looks like a low rider compared to the left....(more to come, dont know to much about it) So this will put a damper on more of my mods...

They need to fix this road!

The F150 UFO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
geez, i work for the dept. of highways and you're making me feel bad. lol. it's amazing what a little premix will fix. sound like a bunch of lazy asses to me.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 super View Post
geez, i work for the dept. of highways and you're making me feel bad. lol. it's amazing what a little premix will fix. sound like a bunch of lazy asses to me.
not putting ya down bud, its i think all the heavy equipment trucks driving up and down it to get to the over pass to fix it... or an earthquake lol... just kinda wanted to vent cause ive seen a few complaints about wellington

The F150 UFO

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 PM

no offence taken. i get my own complaints up here about my gravel roads. is it just a few holes or is it a long stretch of them. might be time for a rip & reshape project. and venting helps. the more complaints the better. it'll force them to do something. get the politicians involved.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
no offence taken. i get my own complaints up here about my gravel roads. is it just a few holes or is it a long stretch of them. might be time for a rip & reshape project. and venting helps. the more complaints the better. it'll force them to do something. get the politicians involved.
well the one side is terrible, going south, (coming from Port Stanley driving past 401) theres giant pot holes in random spots all down that stretch on the right side, same with coming back. Its only bad if you get pinned in that lane and cant move over cause you feel it. Im thinking you guys are going to re pave it after the bridge is done?? or just leave it and just pave the bridge by itself?

The F150 UFO
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
well the one side is terrible, going south, (coming from Port Stanley driving past 401) theres giant pot holes in random spots all down that stretch on the right side, same with coming back. Its only bad if you get pinned in that lane and cant move over cause you feel it. Im thinking you guys are going to re pave it after the bridge is done?? or just leave it and just pave the bridge by itself?

no idea on the paving process, or what budget they've got. up here we chip seal our main highways. it's like pavement but alot cheaper and weaker. we get a 10 year life span out of ours, but no where the traffic volume as you guys get. when our chip gets thin, we'll either rip it up and grade the road back into shape to re chip, or if the road is good, just thin, we'll chip right over the old stuff. it's called overlay. we do a few km's a year.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
no idea on the paving process, or what budget they've got. up here we chip seal our main highways. it's like pavement but alot cheaper and weaker. we get a 10 year life span out of ours, but no where the traffic volume as you guys get. when our chip gets thin, we'll either rip it up and grade the road back into shape to re chip, or if the road is good, just thin, we'll chip right over the old stuff. it's called overlay. we do a few km's a year.
well i know there is finally a budget going back into to roads instead of things the mayor wanted.. so hopefully its on the budget cause im out a truck and i still dont have the bill yet...

The F150 UFO
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 12:01 AM

hopefully that's one of the priority areas. hope the truck comes back from the doc with a clean bill of health.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Can I get a GPS waypoint for that bump???lol

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

lol you should miss it coming up to me but youll be on the bridge, and gps is no use, i hit the bump and my gps fell off the stand so i dont know the way point lol.

and im hoping as well, they said they can have it done by tomorrow so my fingers are crossed that its not too serious.

The F150 UFO

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode