2008 Ford V6 Challenge - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

2008 Ford V6 Challenge

Hi all,

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the events section so if it gets moved its cool.

My friend who runs this event has asked me to post the update for this years race on the forums I am on to try and get more v6s out this year. This year if there is enough turn out there will be payouts. No details on which spots get payouts or how much. The following is the details he posted on a v6 forum about this years race. So if you got a ford v6 come on out and race. If enough show up we may even get some magazine coverage.

Just a heads up guys, the V6 Ford Challenge is coming up soon. Aug 15-17th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. Our V6 class is bracket so everyone has a chance at winning. Our class runs on Saturday the 16th. I usually go for Friday for test and tune and then stay Sunday to watch the big cars race, since our race is held along with the Canadian Street Car Nationals. Free camping with weekend pass. Last year we had free racing with the purchase of a weekend pass, I am going to confirm if its the same deal this year. Friday test and tune is extra. Saturday is a busy day but they run things smoothly. There is a few hours (10-12 noon) to your qualifying times in the morning, but after that its straight to eliminations, so get there early to get as many runs in as possible before eliminations start.

www.v6fordchallenge.com (updated the website)
http://www.canadianstreetcarnationals.com/schedule.html

Hope to see you there.

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

I was with my friend Jamie today at Cayuga for the Arm drop live event. We spoke directly with Joe dasilva who is running the Big event at Cayuga and if enough cars show up there will definitely be payouts. Joe said up to $500. Not sure if this is total purse or just for first. More exact details when we get closer to the race. There WILL be trophies, I got that confirmed. Weekend pass is $60, includes free camping and free racing on Sat. If you want to show up Friday to get some extra runs in with the Test&Tune, thats $15 extra.

So if ya got a Ford v6 come on out.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Ok got the official word right from my friend who is running this event. Below are the details.

V6 Ford Challenge Aug 16th Cayuga, Ontario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up guys, the V6 Ford Challenge is coming up soon. Aug 15-17th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. Our V6 class is bracket so everyone has a chance at winning. Our class runs on Saturday the 16th. I usually go for Friday for test and tune and then stay Sunday to watch the big cars race, since our race is held along with the Canadian Street Car Nationals. Free camping with weekend pass. There is a few hours (10-12 noon) to your qualifying times in the morning, but after that its straight to eliminations, so get there early to get as many runs in as possible before eliminations start.

www.v6fordchallenge.com

http://www.canadianstreetcarnationals.com/schedule.html

Today I talked with Joe DaSilva, the Pro5.0 Racer who holds the Canadian Street Car Nationals, which our V6 Ford Challenge event is held at. Joe already allows us to run our event with his, which is great since we dont' have to rent a track which is very costly. Now we don't get a million test and tune runs in but we can test and tune the night before and get lots of runs in, for a few extra bucks. Also we get great entertainment throughout the day watching great guys race like Billy Glidden and many other top drivers.

Also what I find the best is we get EXPOSURE, poeple are FORCED to watch the V6 class, so if we get some fast V6er's there, they take notice.

Anyways the good news is today Joe assured me he will fork out the money for our Payouts, in the tune of $500, which is what we try to give away every year for the bracket class. So first place will most likely get $300 and second $150 and 3rd and 4th prob $25 each. If we get a really good turnout he said he has no problem giving us even more.

Racing again this year will be FREE with a weekend pass, so bascially pay for all 3 days to watch and you race for Free. I believe its $50-60 for the weekend pass which includes FREE CAMPING, so you get a full weekend event for like $60. Test and Tune on Friday night is like $15 and you don't race on Sunday, but last year we stayed all 3 days to watch. We camped last year and had a blast. Weather held out too, but the weather did scare away most people.

So hope to see more people there this year, come out and promote the V6.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 PM

Same time of the Arthur show
Right now planning on Arthur, but take lots of pics

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Update --- Info from my friends post on another forum.

I talked to Joe DaSilva today, here is the scoop.

At the gate you pay the $60 weekend pass which is good for watching all 3 days of racing. Test and tune Friday is extra of course. Tech card for the V6 class on Saturday is $10 which you pay at the tech counter over by tech. So its a few dollars more to race this year but Joe did tell me that if we get a good amount of cars all the Tech card money will go back into the pot and added onto what he is planning on giving us for prize money which is around $500, again depending on car count. So the payout could be even higher.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 AM

If I want meet up with "oh my hog" i will try to be there on Saturday
Paul PM "Hogdust" he will be there

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Master Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to v8ranger
how you make out
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Results ----

Well not an impressive turn out again this year and we had perfect racing weather on Sat.

Only 3 cars showed up. My friend's stang with the SC motor in it. A 90 SC, very sharp looking and my slow ass truck.

Stang-guy, thats what I'll call him for this thread, broke a brake line in the pits and had to drive all the way home to get a replacement since the local shop didn't have what he needed. So we waited as long as we could for him but we ran out of time to get our cars thru tech and it wasn't going to be any fun with just 3 of us, providing stang-guy got his car fixed, so we decided to run in the All Ford bracket class. Cost us an extra $10 but there was more competition. Any ford could run, there were mostly stangs of all types, but only 1 Lightning.

First round I was up against a Saleen. My dial-in was 17.50 cuz it was still hot out.

His dial-in was 11.69.

Me

R/t ... .235
60' ... 2.689
330'... 7.537
1/8 ... 11.407
Mph ... 63.32
1000... 14.748
1/4 ... 17.553
MPH ... 80.62

Saleen

R/t ... -.009 Loser!!!
Went 11.963 @ 99.30

After the race driving back to the pits he stopped beside his buddy in a twin saleen that got eliminated the pass before us. While I waited calmly for them to move on so I could go back to the pits the wuss looks back sees its me and gives me the finger and then they both just drove out the gate and went home, cry babies.

Second round , same 17.50 dial-in I got a bye cuz someone didn't make it back to the staging lanes in time, yay me. Ran a 17.917 @ 67.04 with a R/t of .424, I shut it down at about the 1000' mark and just coasted so I wouldn't break out.

Third round, I couldn't find anyone in time to lend me a marker to change my dial-in to 17.47. It was getting cooler and there were only 4 cars left, so I ran with the 17.50.

Me

R/t ... .166
1/4 ... 17.460
Mph ... 80.99

70's maverick
Dial in 12.70
R/t ... .172
1/4 ... 12.800
Mph ... 107.86

If I had been able to change my dial in I'd have made it to the finals.
Both my friend's stang the and SC guy both got elminated.

Afterwards we spoke with Joe DaSilva the event promoter. Since there were only three in the v6 class I don't think there will be any prize $$ which I can understand and I'm cool with that. But he did ask which v6 went the farthest in the All ford class, since it was me he said ok you win the v6 class. He is going to get in touch with my friend who put on the v6 race about either giving me some $$ or some other prize, he said "Don't worry I'll see that you get hooked up with something good" I'll think I'll suggest a nice discount on a dyno tune.

So, to sum up, me and my old slow ass truck put a stang, a SC and a saleen on the trailer and sent em packing. Won the v6 bracket and came 4th out of 13 cars in the All ford bracket. Even got more hardware for my desk at work. Too really rub salt in my friend's wounds, he got beat at his own event by the same truck that towed his house trailer to the track. Love that 87 Tow tune, raced with the 94 Perf.

Next year the challenge will be open to ANY v6, GM, Chev, Ford, you name it, if its got a v6 you can enter.

Sorry for the long post but it was a great weekend, wanted to take more pics but just didn't find the time.

Camper I towed.

Trophy pics.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

Last edited by f150phule; 08-19-2008 at 12:31 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
I was down there on Sat for the car show. I tried to find your Truck but had no luck and I forgot to write down your number

Some of those cars going down the track are just crazy fast. The guy blowing his engine and the almost 2 hours to clean the track did not help :icon_wink:

I like that trophy. Very cool
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 PM

Congrats
2 years in the row
I got tied up with oh my hog, so blame him

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode