Toronto Cdn Nation Auto Show Disappointing - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Toronto Cdn Nation Auto Show Disappointing

Went today, I was there and in just over 2 hours I was done. There was a fantastic Shelby display of mostly Fords. Other than that, not much there that you couldn't see on any dealer lot in your town. It was half the size of last year.
The Rogers Centre was not even used this year. So be prepared to see the effects of the current economy if you decide to go.
The only new Super Duty was a gas XL on the floor to show off the tool inventory computer they are pushing and the only new 2011 diesel was a F250 sitting up on a roped off display. I guess we are not suppose to see it?
Funny thing is I sat in one and checked under the hood of an 2011 F450 at a show in louisville, Ky. back in November. I guess it's just the Canadians they don't want to see it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Went today, I was there and in just over 2 hours I was done. There was a fantastic Shelby display of mostly Fords. Other than that, not much there that you couldn't see on any dealer lot in your town. It was half the size of last year.
The Rogers Centre was not even used this year. So be prepared to see the effects of the current economy if you decide to go.
The only new Super Duty was a gas XL on the floor to show off the tool inventory computer they are pushing and the only new 2011 diesel was a F250 sitting up on a roped off display. I guess we are not suppose to see it?
Funny thing is I sat in one and checked under the hood of an 2011 F450 at a show in louisville, Ky. back in November. I guess it's just the Canadians they don't want to see it
I have to agree the show was pretty much a let down.
The only thing of interest was while speaking with a Ford rep about the possibility of a new F100 in Fords future he said nothing official but rumours are huge and that he got asked the F100 question a lot, he said he can't see how Ford can ignore the demand especially because they don't have a mid sized pick up to compete with Nissan and Dodge and Toyota.

Another oddity was Suzuki was selling a rebranded Nissan four door mid size pick up, it had all the Suzuki badging but it was a Nissan Frontier for sure, they call it the Equator.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 AM

Guess how much they want for the Souvlaki Frontier? $37K. You'd have to be on crack to buy that. Another great reason to buy a Ranger -- or two.

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 06:18 AM

I've never understood why they take a relatively common vehicle and either rope it off or lock it up tight. Maybe the suspense is supposed to create hype?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Maybe they didn't have anyone qualified to handle the types of discussions they would end up in with owners of the 6.0L & 6.4L? Answering concerns regarding how the customer can be sure that Ford got it right this time right out of the gate would be a very tricky conversation...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 AM

This years show was a waste of time and money....

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to 98nascartruck
I was thinking about going BUT never went and sounds like I did the right thing and didn't go!!!

Gordon
Proud owner of 1998 NASCAR special edition F-150
(Celebrates 50 yrs of NASCAR and the F series truck)

My Pictures
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM

Unless you were going to see a particular vehical that you wanted to purchase .
It was a waste of time....

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 AM

one reason they lock some vehicals is people steal stuff... you'd be surprised how many ashtrays/emblems/shift boots exc go missing....

the one year they had the Tonka from ford on display and 2 of the 4 door handles were broke my guess is from people opening and closeing them so many times they had it roped off

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
I've never understood why they take a relatively common vehicle and either rope it off or lock it up tight. Maybe the suspense is supposed to create hype?
If it's Toyota, maybe they're just trying to protect the public?

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode