Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Full sized spare

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lone Ranger 
#1 ·
Will a full sized spare fit under a 2010 Ranger with a 6' box?

I'd like to replace the weenie wheel with a full sized. I just had a quick look and I'm not sure it will fit in place of.

What say you?

Cheers!

#2 ·
I have read that a 31 inch tire would fit under a 2008 Ranger Sport 4x4. Another said that a 245 (30 inch) barely fit his 2001 Ranger Edge 4x4.

Dave

#7 ·
I seem to recall when I bought my truck, it was advertised as having a "full-size" spare ... whatever that means. The tire itself is marked as being a "temporary spare tire", but it's definitely not one of those mini-collapsible ones you find in the trunks of cars. It's a real tire, though, I assume, a really cheap, and probably non-steel belted one.

I guess they provide them to reduce the cost and weight. Fine with me. One less thing to worry about when rotating the tires. I carry plugs and a compressor anyway.

#10 ·
I have a 31x10.5R15 (2004 vintage) Goodyear MT/R mounted on a 15x8" AR767 steel wheel mounted under the back of my 2009 Ranger. Its a tight squeeze but it fits in there perfectly without any complaints. You might have to guide it up there a little bit to get it to fit into the "groove" perfectly but you won't have any issues. I have the factory hitch on my truck too.

If its a regular tire (ie. all season), you *might* be able to fit a 32x11.5 or 265/75/16 tire in there with some persuasion. If you need pics as proof I can post some up later. LR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.