Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Special Thanks to the Forum...

8K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  taisa899 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All
Been lurking around here, not saying much. But thanks to this forum, and a few of you out there, I found what I was looking for.
I've wanted to lower my '11 Lariat 4x4 since I bought it, but was having a hard time finding a place to get the work done. I don't have a spring compressor, and was worried about the shaft alignment/ vibration. I wanted to get it done at a dealer, as I was concerned about my $50k investment having issues. My dealer acted like I was a leper when I even brought it up.
Thanks to guys like TRUKNUT and others here, I found Blackstock Ford in Orangeville. Great, great guys. Excellent service and parts guys, who bent over backwards to help me out.
I went with a mild 2/3 drop, as I didn't want to do a flip on the backend, or get into new spindles up front. Used a Belltech setup, with Street Performance struts and shocks, along with lowering shackles. I can't believe how good it turned out. The height is close to were I wanted, with it still looking like a truck. And it is perfectly smooth up to 160kph. A perfect installation, and I'll drive up to have my truck worked on there from now on. All I need are my 23" rims in the summer, and I'm set!
So thanks for the help here- appreciate it.
I'd post pics, but see I'm not allowed to...

See less See more
#15 ·
i like color matched bumpers but with a little chrome accents. rims/grille/small other things.

i laugh everything i see the guy that has chrome bumpers/grilles/mirror covers/all handle/gas cover/window vents/rims/sidesteps/rocker panels/tailgate emblem
looks like they got everything from the crappy tire

viper did it the way i would have done it. too much chrome make it look like a big rig to me.

#16 ·
What is this plasti-dip? My truck got rear ended last week and now my rear bumper has a nasty scract on it. would this plasti-dip fix the scratch?

#21 ·
The truck is an ecoboost lumberjack. I took everything off- prefer it that way.
And I drive a 4x4 because I wanted to. I bought it for the winters, in case I really need it. I don't see the argument, really. I say to each his own. That's the beauty of what we can do these days. We all have the freedom to do what we want, and option them out in 1000's of ways. And I like to drive my truck. You know- DRIVE...
If I raise it, it'll float around even more.
Now- it's great. Handles quite good now...

#22 ·
welcome to the brother hood,,

grant ive seen 2wd trucks lifted and 4x4 lowered some things a lil ass backwords here

#33 ·
Bahhh. Don't let a couple knuckleheads scare you away. I'd love to check out a lowered 4x4. I mean to all those that do big lifted 4x4 and don't ever get a speck of dirt on them are in far worse books in my mind. :p
Hey, screw you guys, I'm outta here.

I'm gonna stamp my feet, slam the door, and change my location to "Not Here". LMFAO

Did someone forget to include "keep your sense of humour close by" in the dudes intro thread or what ??

Wow, holy hurt feelings Batman. There's one for the 2012 Highlight reel.

Apparently somebody doesn't like opinions that aren't the same as theirs. Opinions are like assholes everybody's got one. Like the fact that most guys on here don't like that I have Ram as well as an F150. Doesn't bug me though I like the Ram almost as much as the F150.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
:happy096:

There's opinions Jim, and then there's just plain bad choices.

The Ram falls into the latter category. lol

#28 ·
Apparently somebody doesn't like opinions that aren't the same as theirs. Opinions are like assholes everybody's got one. Like the fact that most guys on here don't like that I have Ram as well as an F150. Doesn't bug me though I like the Ram almost as much as the F150.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

#29 ·
It's your truck, you paid for it. You do what ever you want. There are a lot of guys that raise 2X4's. I've seen some 4X4's lowered. It's what YOU like that matters. Don't leave because someone is pulling your chain. We do ride people sometimes, it's all meant in good fun. Please don't take it seriously. Keep your sense of humor handy, and you'll get along with these clowns just fine.

Gerry
P/S...Just for the record... I like chrome too.

#31 ·
Hello All
Been lurking around here, not saying much. But thanks to this forum, and a few of you out there, I found what I was looking for.
I've wanted to lower my '11 Lariat 4x4 since I bought it, but was having a hard time finding a place to get the work done. I don't have a spring compressor, and was worried about the shaft alignment/ vibration. I wanted to get it done at a dealer, as I was concerned about my $50k investment having issues. My dealer acted like I was a leper when I even brought it up.
Thanks to guys like TRUKNUT and others here, I found Blackstock Ford in Orangeville. Great, great guys. Excellent service and parts guys, who bent over backwards to help me out.
I went with a mild 2/3 drop, as I didn't want to do a flip on the backend, or get into new spindles up front. Used a Belltech setup, with Street Performance struts and shocks, along with lowering shackles. I can't believe how good it turned out. The height is close to were I wanted, with it still looking like a truck. And it is perfectly smooth up to 160kph. A perfect installation, and I'll drive up to have my truck worked on there from now on. All I need are my 23" rims in the summer, and I'm set!
So thanks for the help here- appreciate it.
I'd post pics, but see I'm not allowed to...
Really?!?!

how much lurking have you been doing?
You've had to seen some of the comments around the board that have been in good fun.

LMFAO!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.