Dumped Off... - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
FordTough.ca Site Help? Problems, Related questions, comments, or suggestions only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Dumped Off...

Hi Guys, why does your server keep dumping me off while I'm still logged on ?
Granted... I did try to post two med. sized new threads on here.
Is there a logged on time limit???
I have some VERY important info. regarding the new Drive Clean testing program, as well as some very important info. regarding recent auto ins. company policy's on modified vehicles, that everyone, including you people should be aware of.
Can I reach someone via phone? I'm tired of typeing... for nothing.

Press on regardless!

Last edited by Big Daddy D.; 02-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:32 PM

I've been loged in for weeks - for whatever that's worth
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM

Garage
Not sure what the issue is with staying logged on, or getting bounced off.. I've never had a problem either.

That being said, my suggestion would be to type out everything you want to say on your desktop as a Word document or something similar, log on to the site and simply copy and paste everything in one shot.

Wait....let me guess. Insurance companies have the right to refuse coverage to any vehicle that has been modified (mechanically) beyond what your policy was written for.

Makes sense, it's also known as fraud.

If your policy is written and quoted based on a stock vehicle, and you mod the hell out of it, it's not the vehicle described in the policy.

But, I'm just guessing.

Try typing everything out on your desktop and copy and paste, and then we'll see where things go from there.

Incidentally, Drive Clean means nothing to me here in the sticks, the program doesn't exist because no one's got the equipment.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM

or , you could start the thread , post in it that your currently editing it , post it then click the edit button and add what you actually want to post
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
When you post on this site and hit save, the Software "talks" to a database to insert a new record or records into one or more tables. Most databases will timeout after 30 seconds unless the developer tells the database differently. If you are posting a very large message, then I would say the insert is timing out because it takes the database longer to insert that information then xx amount of time. Try taking your text and breaking it down to multiple posts. You should have better luck.

2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Northern Edition - Patriot Blue Pearl
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Flowmaster 10 Muffler - Tint - Side Steps - Bedrug - 20x9 Fuel Beast Wheels - TrailFX Bull Bar with Light Bar
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy D. View Post
I have some VERY important info. regarding the new Drive Clean testing program, as well as some very important info. regarding recent auto ins. company policy's on modified vehicles, that everyone, including you people should be aware of.
So what's the scoop ??

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdust View Post
When you post on this site and hit save, the Software "talks" to a database to insert a new record or records into one or more tables. Most databases will timeout after 30 seconds unless the developer tells the database differently. If you are posting a very large message, then I would say the insert is timing out because it takes the database longer to insert that information then xx amount of time. Try taking your text and breaking it down to multiple posts. You should have better luck.
I have no idea what this means.................but I have never had trouble here except putting pics in a thread. and that is my fault. this site is actually better than most of the my favorites.

keep up the good work Admin and Mods!

[SIGPIC]
summer: RIP 72 Bronc, 68 Merc,
Daily:94 Exp xlt , Barney the PSD CW
projects: all on hold for now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode