Porter Cable and pinnacle - Page 2 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Care & Detailing Its all about looks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:38 PM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSEWHEEL View Post
Cheaper here and free shipping to boot.

I would go with the regular pads instead of the CCS ones.
5 1/2" pads with the kit same as http://www.wisdomdetail.ca/polisher_...rl_removal_kit The first one I posted was 6.5" pads.

BTW I meet with him close to home for delivery as he is in Toronto

2010 FX-4 5.4 SCREW, Luxury, short box, nav/camera
Retired after 38 years with the same company!
Jaak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
5 1/2" pads with the kit same as http://www.wisdomdetail.ca/polisher_...rl_removal_kit The first one I posted was 6.5" pads.

BTW I meet with him close to home for delivery as he is in Toronto
It's great if you can meet Larry in his variable deliver corridor and save yourself shipping. He is competitive with eshine and IMHO offers better service.

2001 F350 CC SWB 6spd....currently getting a complete 'makeover'. Stay tuned.
LOOSEWHEEL is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSEWHEEL View Post
It's great if you can meet Larry in his variable deliver corridor and save yourself shipping. He is competitive with eshine and IMHO offers better service.
Agreed!!!

2010 FX-4 5.4 SCREW, Luxury, short box, nav/camera
Retired after 38 years with the same company!
Jaak is offline  
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
 
Mrmagoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,598
Have you tried the Porter Cable yet and if so what kind of results did you get?

Such is life. Just passing through.

04 F150 FX4 Screw 5.4 with couple of mods
Mrmagoo is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
 
quick98gtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: woodstock , Ontario
Posts: 267
Porter cable was awesome!! The pinnacle advanced swirl remover and finishing polish worked miracles on the paint. Looked better than new. None of the tell-tale black paint swirls or light scraches are remaining, Very satisfied with the results , and the porter cable is a breeze to use. The pinnacle liquid soveran wax was not impressive. The paint was finished to perfection, But was expecting alot more from the wax. The collonite I regularly use gives a much deeper, longer lasting shine. I was gonna post some pics, But it rained everyday for the next week after I finished. Very happy with the results, now I'm going to look into a new wax.and see how it goes. If your like me and have always done it by hand, The porter cable is something you should look into. Check youtube, Tons of videos on how great it is. Tony
quick98gtp is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM
 
Viper238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ont
Posts: 3,353
Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick98gtp View Post
Porter cable was awesome!! The pinnacle advanced swirl remover and finishing polish worked miracles on the paint. Looked better than new. None of the tell-tale black paint swirls or light scraches are remaining, Very satisfied with the results , and the porter cable is a breeze to use. The pinnacle liquid soveran wax was not impressive. The paint was finished to perfection, But was expecting alot more from the wax. The collonite I regularly use gives a much deeper, longer lasting shine. I was gonna post some pics, But it rained everyday for the next week after I finished. Very happy with the results, now I'm going to look into a new wax.and see how it goes. If your like me and have always done it by hand, The porter cable is something you should look into. Check youtube, Tons of videos on how great it is. Tony
Damn it Tony,
You make me wanna buy one. lol

truck looked great afterwards!


PS.
hows the lights working?
Viper238 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
 
quick98gtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: woodstock , Ontario
Posts: 267
Lights are great! Thanks for your help! I installed the 55w fogs to go along with the 55w heads and couldn't be happier. As to oncoming drivers, not so much. But that's where you come in..Anything yet?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
Damn it Tony,
You make me wanna buy one. lol

truck looked great afterwards!


PS.
hows the lights working?
quick98gtp is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
 
quick98gtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: woodstock , Ontario
Posts: 267
Used this today with some mcguires plastx on my 05 mazda 3 headlights. They look better than new!!
quick98gtp is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM
 
Viper238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ont
Posts: 3,353
Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick98gtp View Post
Used this today with some mcguires plastx on my 05 mazda 3 headlights. They look better than new!!
Sweet!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Viper238 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Porter Cable 7424XP Mrmagoo Care & Detailing 21 06-05-2012 12:04 AM
Brake cable bracket on 89 Ranger stormy663 Ranger Forum 0 11-29-2008 08:01 PM
Porter Cable 7424 Polisher truckpilot Care & Detailing 19 06-19-2008 11:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome