Picked Up The New lightning - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
SVT Lightning ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Picked Up The New lightning

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Well i Bought the Lightning but everything isnt what is seems...i paid the owner to change the oil.....Royal purple and filter and some other stuff but im sure he didnt do a DAM thing.... he told me that all the tires were new all 4 but only the back tires were changed the front are org and he got the truck Cert like this....both the front are cracked in evey tire grove 3" long to the point where they need to be replaced id like to know how the mechanic could pass the tires like this....can i get the truck cert again and hold him responsible ????

And to add salt to my wounds i took the air filter case off to check the air filter it was so dirty and had a mouse nest in the bottom what the hell is wrong with people.....now i dont trust anyone like the saying goes.....If you want something done right do it yourself.

So if anyone can help me to know what my rights are....as far as the Cert for the truck.... i would appreciate any help if someone else had the same Experience

I put up some pictures but i dont think im doing it right

I also need to get the L looked at....and tuned gas filter ect...front end its almost like she's got no power i punched it at a stop light and the tires wouldnt even spin.....is there a traction control button im missing somewhere like on my Mustang ?? or are the lightning all like this....also i got hard on it and i felt a bang under the truck is that normal to???or is there something lose in the drive shaft or tranny or rear end ????

Last edited by SMOKNGUN; 06-22-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Garage
Oh brother, that sucks balls, nothing better than people selling shit and not being honest and up-front.

That's another reason I prefer to buy new or even used from my guy at the dealership I've been buying from for the last 12 years , but that's another discussion.

Can't help you with the pics, load them up into an album in your profile and go from there.

First question as far as how the truck drives.....did you not take it for a test drive prior to buying and find this lack of power ?

Were those tires on the vehicle when you looked at it, and if the seller said they were new, and they were not, why did you hand over the cheque ?

As far as the certification goes, legally, I think that falls back on whoever signed it and said it passed.

If the law says that tire cracks are OK, only mentioning tire tread depth for instance, then you don't have much to fall back on. Is it ethical or the right way to do things ?

No, but it might still be within the boundary's of what's legally acceptable, thus passing the safety.

Sorry about your luck, that really sucks, but without more information on what you did to protect yourself from buying a piece of shit, not all of this falls on the seller.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
x2 on everything SVT4MT said.

That Lightning should be able to light those tires up like cheap fire wood.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Shitty deal.
Yes you can get it certified.
Or pre-inspected.
If the vehicle don't pass then you can go after the person who sold it to you.
You will need to hire a lawyer and it would be civil matter.
I think you make be able to return the vehicle and get your money back, but not 100% there.
But if you got it pre-checked and contacted the guy he tells you to go fly a kite then id let him know if he's not willing to make it right your taking him to court.

Clunking is bad.
Did you test drive it prior? Did it drive like that before?

There is a nice 2004 L on kijiji. 25g is asking

Edit:
Here's a link to mto. At the bottom it talks about the certification. I'd give them a call.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...cle/used.shtml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM

we need to see some pics and vids. its easy these days.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
Shitty deal.
Yes you can get it certified.
Or pre-inspected.
If the vehicle don't pass then you can go after the person who sold it to you.
You will need to hire a lawyer and it would be civil matter.
I think you make be able to return the vehicle and get your money back, but not 100% there.
But if you got it pre-checked and contacted the guy he tells you to go fly a kite then id let him know if he's not willing to make it right your taking him to court.

Clunking is bad.
Did you test drive it prior? Did it drive like that before?

There is a nice 2004 L on kijiji. 25g is asking

Edit:
Here's a link to mto. At the bottom it talks about the certification. I'd give them a call.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...cle/used.shtml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X's 2 !!!

Sorry to hear!

2008 Oxford White F150 FX2 SPORT Super Crew,5.4L.
2003 Satin Silver Clearcoat Mustang GT,4.6L 2V,5 speed.
stripped,slammed,& cammed!

aka 1LOW03GT
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Need a good shop to look at the L

Up date I changed oil filter air filter and fuel filter yesterday took it out for a rip tried a burn out maybe a two foot patch then When accelerating I hear that bang I think it's the u-joints sounds like the drive shaft is hitting the body but I'm not sure.

So anyone knows a shop that knows these lightning I would Appreciate any help
I'm in the Brampton Area

Thanks for all the Responses
And other than that I got a sweet truck not a Scratch on her with 33000kms
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM

plenty of help could be had for free with pics or video of your problems. and as i said before. www.lightningrodder.com
only lightning with every problem ever had and plenty of help. do you have any check engine lights? Do you have any gauges to tell you anything?
did you test drive before you bought?
"will have autoguide ads and taskbar"

ask mjg about who in ontario can work on your lightning. he trailered his to maryland i think.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 11:11 AM

this was a bone stock burnout. but mine is heavier with 2lbs less of boost then a lightning

how about this burnout
same day

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Man I've tried everything to post pics keeps saying it to big lol lol
But no dash lights on supercharger is working I'm sure it's the u-joints I'm taking it over to have it looked at this Wed

And it looks like your holding the brake on that's what it looks like to me but I might be wrong lol lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode