5.4-liter V8 found in the Mustang GT-500 to power new SVT F-150 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
SVT Lightning ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

5.4-liter V8 found in the Mustang GT-500 to power new SVT F-150

500 horsepower, 5.4-liter V8 found in the Mustang GT-500 to power new SVT F-150

Here is a story:

http://www.v8.co.nz/news/8623/ford-p...-new-svt-f-150

Here

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/new...this-fall.html

and here

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-1...-davidson.html

What do you guys and gals think?

I like it but HD only

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Isn't what they are claiming the HD truck is just the 09 Platinum edition with nice rims and dual exhaust ,it says Platinum on the tailgate...

That would be a sweet truck either way....Drule...

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

I think so but I'm really confused with Platinum and HD
I know You can get HD with chargers in them maybe they will have 2 versions of it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Are they even coming out with the 09 Harley or did Platinum replace it? I didn't even know about the Platinum Edition until a few days ago....lol

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I was told that Platinum will be replacing Limited Truck which is an HD in white
I send some feelers out to see if I can get any more info on it, now that the BOSS engine is scraped for F-150, I can see SC 5.4 in those trucks

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pearl View Post
I was told that Platinum will be replacing Limited Truck which is an HD in white
I send some feelers out to see if I can get any more info on it, now that the BOSS engine is scraped for F-150, I can see SC 5.4 in those trucks
Platinum is replaceing the Mark LT, Limited was a end of Model class thing much like the Heritage was before it. Even though the 6.2 BOSS is on the backburner 2009 will still be the last year for the outdated 5.4 Triton. The Mustang GT is set to get a new 5.0l direct injection V8 makeing 350hp and the GT Cobra will just have a supercharger straped on that engine makeing 500+hp.
The F150 will now be getting the same 5.0 V8 as well now that the 6.2 is only going in the SuperDuty.
I don't buy for a second that Ford is putting out a new SVT truck. They can't sell there regular ones with the cost of gas so who in there right mind is going to buy a truck that only runs on premium fuel is 2wd, little to no towing or hauling capability and for the most part has to be stored in the winter... Case in point look at how well the now defunked SRT10 Ram did for Dodge.

5.0 V8, 4.6 V8, V6 ecoboost, 4.4 V8 Turbo Diesle are going to be your engine options come 2010/11 for the F150.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
jmc

Ford screwed it up again. They scrapped the 6.2 engine. What a bunch of tards. If I could find a 6.2 the 5.4 would be yanked so fast........

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Regards,
Jean Marc Chartier
Warn XD900i E-fans, M5OD w/ Hurst short throw, Procharger @15psi, Troyer tuned.
Swap notes 4.6 to 5.4; http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...ml#post3570245
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Ford screwed it up again. They scrapped the 6.2 engine. What a bunch of tards. If I could find a 6.2 the 5.4 would be yanked so fast........

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier
Read this

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3218

The engine will be dedicated to super duty only V10 will be retired

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 AM

If I read this correctly, there will be 500 hp in a 2wd Harley style truck for 2009, just how practical will that be up here in our climate??? oh wait... if they build it, we will buy it...
Just seems like they missed the mark and are just building their version of the Foose truck without the lowered suspension.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckpilot View Post
If I read this correctly, there will be 500 hp in a 2wd Harley style truck for 2009, just how practical will that be up here in our climate??? oh wait... if they build it, we will buy it...
Just seems like they missed the mark and are just building their version of the Foose truck without the lowered suspension.
Like I was saying, if there is going to be a 500hp special edition weather its a Harley which won't be available till 2010 model year or SVT which I seriously doubt will ever see the light of day it will be based on the new 5.0l V8 with a supercharger straped to it.
500hp despite what model its in will only be a 2wd truck which is totally useless in the winter months up here and the fact it will have the supercharger straped to it will make it premium fuel only which right now is running at a $1.50+ a litre and only going up so I can't see great sales of that truck happening.
Ford really fell short be not releaseing there new engine line up in there 09 redesign model and they are really going to see that reflect in there sales.
Dodge's new 09 Ram has a new engine offered, Toyota had a new engine offered, GMC/Chevy had new engines offered but Ford is debuting with the same engine offered that they have had since the 90's.
In my opinion you better bring your "A" game to the table right out the door in this already depleeding truck market or your going to get left in the dust and I think Ford has droped the ball big time when it comes to there 09 debut engine wise.
If Ford had something other than a new interior to show me this fall when my term is over I would not be going elsewere with my money but there is no way I am buying a 09 with a 5.4 triton in it which will rank dead last in all numbers compared to everyone else.
The sadest part is I really like the look inside and out of the 09 redesign but I am going back to the GMC Sierra Denali this fall as I was very impressed with the one I test drove the other day. It handled and drove nicer than my Lariat and there is no compareson what so ever when it comes to power.
Its funny that GMC can make a 6.2l V8 with 403hp and 417fpt with AWD and a 6 speed that runs on regular unleaded and does the same fuel milage as Fords 5.4l Triton city driveing and better HWY milage on a 17l less tank.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode