Low Pricing for Lightning? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
SVT Lightning ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Low Pricing for Lightning?

Is this the norm for an 01 Lightning? only $15k with 18,000km's and some mods? That seems a tad low but I am curious to know if that's around the normal asking price.

Hopefully the link works

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details....ADS=7318680%7C

Year 2001 Price $15,000
Make FORD Mileage 18,000 km
Model F-150 Date 10/17/2008

DESCRIPTION
Full Custom Stereo, LFP Stage 3 Performance Pkg, Flowmaster Cat-Back, K&N air filter, 2 piece billet grille, 18 000kms (not a mistake), running 14LB's of boost, $15 000,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
That's looks normal to me If you look in the States some are going for even cheaper and have all the same types of mods.......But the guy could probably sit on a even higher price and it would eventually sell with patience.

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 AM

id be carfull with the 14lbs boost on an OE block wouldnt take it for long with a heavy foot

price is a bit right i guess....

remember a usa vehical will be cheaper but will always stay that way and must be disclosed in a resale.... but they are cheaper..... lol

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to mitchbtu
Also with the price of fuel lately, the dealers (as a example) are having a really hard time selling the gas guzzling trucks... That may be why this vehicle could be underpriced...

99 Ford Ranger X-Cab 4x4. 3L V6. 5 Spd.. Mods -Michelin 31x10.5x15 XRadial Tires, Proformance Venom II Chip, Cold Air Intake, Window Visors, Euro Marker and Tail Lights, LED Front Corners, 05 Ranger Side Mirrors, 6000k HID Headlamps, Stock Cass/CD Stereo(taken from a Windstar), Interior Dome/Map(taken from a Taurus), White/Blue Glow Instruments, Stainless Steel Bezel...
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayinHp View Post
id be carfull with the 14lbs boost on an OE block wouldnt take it for long with a heavy foot

price is a bit right i guess....

remember a usa vehical will be cheaper but will always stay that way and must be disclosed in a resale.... but they are cheaper..... lol
Don't worry about 14 lbs of boost on the block, it will handle it just fine all day long, even if you were a track warrior, it's all in the tune.

MAKE SURE YOU ASK WHERE/WHO TUNED IT.
There are some stock blocks that run 600+ horsepower, those can let go at any second, but from the performance kit he has on there, he's in the area of 400. The motor can take it no problem, its when you start inching close to the 500 mark you have to start thinking going built. If he had a 'canned' (email) tune, those are general, and not neccesarily all that great and dont tap in to some extra hp that can be found with a good dyno tune.

Also, 99-02 have only 4 threads holding in the sparkplugs, these are known as plugshooters. If you drive it, listen for a faint ping. Also, before purchasing check the plugs for any signs of anything uncommon. ASK HIM if he has ever torqued the plugs, as I am an 01 owner and check mine regularly.
Also, 01 had the cruise control recall.

As for the price, it is low for the canadian market.
Yes they are going cheap in the states, but they are holding their value here much better. If you look in Kijiji most are going for no lower than 18k, some in the mid 20 range.

If you are interested in it, MAKE SURE you do your research before purchasing, or there is always potential for detonation and you'll be left with no warranty as it was bought privately!!

It's all about the boost!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
MJG

With these trucks the fuel prices don't play a factor too much, as the people who are interested in purchasing them are enthusiasts and already know 350 kms of premium a tank is normal. Gas has been bad for the last couple years, hitting $1.30 a number of times, but lightnings would still be in the 20ks.

So with regards to that, I personally do not believe that fuel costs would reduce the cost of a lightning too much, as they are a numbered vehicle and the world's coolest pickup.
Either the seller is not showing everything that is to be seen and somewhat desperate to sell, or he's just a plain old tool

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
MJG

P.S. im running just shy of 14 lbs (for now) and my truck is strong as hell.
I will be at 16 in the spring, with a good tune and the proper MODS, it will last a long time.

ALSO check exactly what came in that performance package, as some items are general pieces and not necessarily all that great, I carefully research and buy different MODS from certain vendors that specialize in that specific MOD.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
MJG

NOTE the LFP oil seperator and boost bypass MOD in that package or crap, don't do squat.
Also, it says "optional" SCT BIG AIR MAF METER, he better have it!!! especially if he chose the 6 lb pulley, 4 lb would be ok without it.
And yes, it seems the kit came with the sct xcal3 with a 'canned' tune....safe....somewhat, but won't tap into all the available HP like a dyno tune.

lol Im on a role

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

WOW MJG...that's alot of information. I am not interested in purchasing the truck, I was just curious if the price tag was low. Thank you for this information though, it is very useful in general. I am not sure if I will ever own a Lightning myself since I have a family of four, but I do love them and would own one in a heart beat if I could.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
MJG

LOL its ok. Good for anyone who is interested in picking one up.
I didn't research enough before i bought, BUT I got extremely lucky when I bought mine as the original owner (only had 10 k on the clock) was as anal as I am now, thats how I started!!
Just have to be careful when buying these things, look at them as a sports car, not a pickup, if you treat it like a plain old pickup, it wont treat you well in return.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode