Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Spring

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Marc Carignan 
#1 ·
I couldn't fricken take it anymore! I had to get the cover off it and bring it in the shop to tinker... but mostly just to hear it lol. Changed the fuel filter already but I hope to get a bunch done on the weekend. I wanna take off the hidden hitch & trailer plug bracket to blast and repaint them. Gonna do the same to the rear-end cover, maybe paint it with high-temp paint or something. Here's how I found her (I know the cover sucked-a$$ this winter) and a couple shots of her in the shop. Should have plates on it in a month or so hopefully. Anyone else getting antsy?

See less See more
#2 ·
I know what you mean about getting antsy for spring. I had some time to kill yesterday, so I decided to put the battery back in my street bike and get it running. But then....lastnight and today we got another 40 cm of that white crap....LOL

#5 ·
i want mine out to... its almost done..... and im real real sick of the white crap more so then anyother year... must be the getting older part lol

its ok where you live but here they use so much salt and brine a nice vehical dont last to long with rust

#11 ·
a buddy worked at hydro (bout 4 yrs ago) he got ahold of some stuff they use to coat towers/pipe you put it right over rust he did the complete underside of his CRX (yea yea rice) and its perfect no more rust but its bad when you get i on your skin he didnt wear gloves and had a bunch on his hands for months afterwards. it is silver in colour and industrial use if he remembers i'll try and get the name but its probly not available unless bought through a company

#13 ·
Well it turns out the automotive paint store I buy from actually carries POR15 and they swear by it too. Bought a quart of it and did my hitch and differential cover over the weekend. Looks good and hopefully lasts a long time. I only put one coat on but I still have half the can left if I need to put more on. Thanks for the tip!

#16 ·
Good luck with the undercarriage project. Until I have my own space I won't be getting too deep into things like that. I do all my work in my father-in-law's shop so I don't wanna wear-out my welcome too much. Took out my sub box and rear cab panels to take off the sound-deadening material off my cab vents. Now I don't have to slam my doors shut and my cab won't get a bunch of humidity in it when it's in storage anymore. Hard wired my radar detector in the overhead console finally. Managed to clean out the interior, now all that's left is some nice weather, plate it, and wash it. Can't wait!!

#19 ·
Valentine 1 is a good radar detector, I love mine. Pricey though (+/- $650)! Only legal in the 3 western provinces unfortunately (BC, AB, SK). I still don't understand how you can detect a detector... as far as I'm aware they're designed to receive, not transmit...:confused005:

#18 ·
lol there legal in some provinces but not here.... but people do use them even though they say there not detectible almost all of them are the more $ for one the better the chance it will work but tey can get up there in $$ :icon_eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.