Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Now driving the Lightning year round

7K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Smokefan 
#1 ·
My commute is further then what the Delta could handle comfortably(no cruise/AC/or decent tunes). So I pulled the tin and insurance and got the Lightning winterized this week.

Keystone rims with Firestone WinterForce 255/70/16 all around and a few hundred pounds in the bed. Had her out today in a heavy snowfall and had better traction then majority of the traffic.

See less See more
#8 ·
Never really "store" just used to bring it out on dry winter days, but now it is day to day driver.

i drive the harley year round with 430 hp put a set of winter tires on there and stay outta the boost and its the same as every other truck on the road in the winter.
Agree, seemed like a waste paying for something that didn't get use.

Once the saved $$ starts showing it will be put back into the Lightning upgrading sound, LineX, and fixing the dents, scratches and broken bits. I plan on sending it in for full detailing every spring, I picked up Husky floorliner mats yesterday at The Trailer Hitch Centre to protect the carpet(head office is on a gravel road).

:icon_razz:

#9 ·
if its your new DD, i would suggest spending the 250$ for some sound deadening material. amkes it nice driving around with very little road noise. plus it makes your stereo sound better.

ebay

i did the whole interior of mine and its awesome, i can have my sub on 10 and cant hear anything on the outside, i still have the roof of mine to finish this summer.

#13 ·
I used to drive my 2002 Harley Davidson Editon year round, on the stock tires and rims. It was doable but I had to go very slow and my commute was very short

#16 ·
Salt not a huge issue, drove out of 4 foot snow drift around truck last night without issue and got her home on the iced over gravel roads without incident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.