Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

6.0L High Pressure Oil Problems

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fordsforever6.0 
#1 ·
Here's the scoop. Had the truck out yesterday. (2004 F550 6.0L 6spd 4x4) I shut the damn thing off to go shut down some stuff I was doing and it won't start back up 10 minutes later. After 2 hours, it starts and runs like it's usual self (whole other story). Apparently, the oil gets too thin at operating temp and blows by the seals in the high pressure oil system for the injectors. Got it to the mechanics, and for once, it actually acted up in front of him. So the problem can be duplicated. Anyone else ever had or heard of this being a problem? It acts up after every oil change, too.

#2 ·
Did a full head gasket job on my 6.0 (2005 tho) and also had to repair hpop system as the STC fitting blew. I counted no less than 13 o-rings on the high pressure side. There are upgrade parts from dealer like stand pipes and dummy plugs that you will need...also I'd replace oil cooler and upgraded screen that feeds the hpop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.