Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Exhaust

3K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  fordtough.ca 
#1 ·
Looking at replacing the exhaust on my truck. Thinking about a Magnaflow system, but can't decide. Can anyone comment on exhaust systems that they are currently using? I'm not looking for anything too loud. Just something that you know isn't stock.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Cat-back or perhaps just a muffler replacement. None of the local dealers have the cat-back systems in stock, so they have to order them in. I looked at ordering online, but the shipping rates to Newfoundland on a package this size are ridiculous. The cheapest I could find locally (getting it ordered in) was $699 +tax.

BP, do you know the muffler # thats included in the 16612 system? Do you have any sound clips of your exhaust? Our trucks are nearly identical, so it would be a good test.

Thanks for the help

Colin

#4 ·
Magnaflow, and Flowmaster are one of the best sellers
Personally I selected Magnaflow SISO
If you tow trailers than duals dirty trailers if you tow one
Here is what I got Magnaflow SISO (#16612) 3" with 4" tip
hope this helps
either way you can't go wrong with those 2
BTW Magnaflow has life time warranty on theirs

#7 ·
My muffler is 3" in and out
Factory exhaust is 2 or 2 1/2"so my will not work
You can always go to muffler shop and they can install
Magnaflow or Flowmaster for you for about $200.00 to $250.00
Flowmaster muffler will last only about 2 years in NL
The 2 choices I will go with would be 40 or 50 Series Performance Mufflers

Magnaflow will outlast your factory exhaust but you will have to go to the exhaust shop to get it installed,
Unless you wanna to go with Cat back
My was with Gov fee $1,100.00

#10 ·
Has anyone ever heard a Hooker exhaust on an F150? I heard one on a Dodge Ram yesterday and it sounded great. I've heard good things about them, but just wondering what it would sound like on an F150.

#11 ·
haven't heard anything about them on an F150. Problem with comparing sound on one type of vehicle to another is they will sound completely different. Example on a stang a small exhaust leak sounds pretty damn cool most of the time but that same exhaust leak on a Chevy sounds like crap!

Jim

#12 ·
Yeah, thats why I was wondering if anyone heard one on and F150. An exhaust on a 5.7L Hemi will sound different than on a 5.4L Triton.

I've also read that the hooker frees up the engine and adds noticable HP gains. Top 3 HP gains were Edlebrock, Flowmaster & Hooker, with Hooker having the lowest dB gain.

#13 ·
just remember one thing when comparing those HP#'s. Every manufacturer will try to make it look like their product is the best and gains the most.

Jim

#15 ·
try to get your results from a number of different sources. In the land of testing Big Company named products advertising money(bribes) are not uncommon? You a member of FTE by any chance?

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.