Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

which programmer is best for me?

6K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  2MUCH 
#1 ·
Hi all well it looks like I will be looking for a new programmer soon.

At present I have a 2012 FX4 5.0 magna flow exhaust duel out the back but only 1 mufflar no resanator. K/N air filter soon to be getting Nitto LT295x60R20E Trail Grappler I already have the 2" auto spring lift installed front only.

My last 06 F150 5.4 I had the base model Edge programmer and I'm used to it. But with this new truck I want to be sure I'm getting the best for my buck in a programmer. So I thought I would ask here 1st beore I spent my $$$$$. But right now I'm leaning towards the Edge cs but also looking at the DiabloSport Trinity Programmer. So let me know what you guys think.. Gerry

#2 ·
I have the sct touch screen xtreme 8900 tuner and a few purchased tunes from 5star tuning already Gerry. The tuner I have is now discontinued but it can still be used and upgraded, personally I could have saved a few hundred by just going to a hand held unit to get the job done but I liked all the bells and whistles.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Personally I would stay away from the edge.

I have a superchips and I love it. But I would pick up a SCT if I had to buy another. There is so much more support for custom tunes when adding additional aftermarket parts and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I added the app to my iPad for this and looked at the demo .
Blair is right this is very cool. There are some mixed reviews with
it as there are with all things new but overall it looks very good.
I think this will make a nice Xmas gift to myself. Has anybody
bought one of these or had a chance to check them out?

#12 ·
Well I went to Performance Improvements in Hamilton the other day to ask the guy about the SCT tuner. He likes it and then I asked him about the the one with the monitor and he could not find anything about it. But he is moving his store this weekend and when he open's his new store on Upper Ottawa next week he will have a SCT pro tuner working with him. So I'll drop by and see what he says. I'll be getting some kind of tuner just after I get my new tires on the truck so I can fix the speedo and wake the truck up a little.

#14 ·
I'll drop by on Tuesday and see when this guy works there.

#15 ·
I found this on the usa forum today. This guy is selling the SCT iTSX for $375 Here is his web site. http://www.franchimotorsports.com/

and use coupon code "toomuchturkey2012" for the Black Friday pricing. The iTSX is on sale right now for $375 shipped and that includes shipping to Canada via USPS First Class International which takes 1-2.5 weeks.

he just sent me another email: Sale ends Monday at Midnight. My normal price for it is $410 shipped

#18 ·
The new store is right beside where Dimaggio's use to be. It is now called the Brown Barrel. Right near the corner of Unsworth Dr. which is right in the midle of Rymal and Stonechurch. I never herd of Focus Performance.

I'll drop by there today and see if they will match this guys Black Friday deal. If not then I will order it before the day is over.

#20 ·
Well I dropped by Focus Performance today and I asked him what his best price would be for the SCT programmers. He said what is that, he has never herd of it. After he looked it up on the net. He said he could get it for me. But the price he gave me was just under $500 for the SF3 3015 model. So I don't think I'll be dropping by there any time soon.

After that I dropped by Performance Improvements new store. Suprisenly it is not that cluttered as I thought for his opening day. But the guy that does SCT programming was there. From what I head from him. He doesn't have a spot right now to set up his dyno, but he is looking. He had a falling out with his former partener, he said his partner fell in love and kicked him out. LOL The guy will be there 3 days a week. Call them up and maybe he can help you out.

So I'm going to order the iTSX/TSX before midnite to get the deal and save me some cash..

#21 ·
Hi all Just letting you all know that my SCT/TSX came in the mail today. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to install it. Is there a good place near by that does custom tunes, that is recommended?

Does anyone near me have this item and can help me out installing it. I just worried about the I phone part. Plugging it in is a no brainer

#24 ·
Thanks Boss F150 and taisa899 for the info. I'll call them both later and ask a few questions about custom tunes.

Well I hooked it up today and I loaded the 87 octang tune for now. I added firmer shifts. Then I took it for a ride. I didn't notice a difference at all, but after hooking it up it fixed my trip odometer. 1 of my trip odmeters was not working, but now it works, but also I had a shift indacator which told me what gear the truck was in and now that is missing.

Also do I need to keep it in all the time? I noticed it has a blue led flashing all the time when the truck is off. I'm sure that is not going to kill the battery. I'm guessing it needs to stay in if I want to use the gauges on the i phone.

#25 ·
Once it uploads you can and should unplug it but your gauges won't work if it is. Your shift light try hiring your shifter paddle button down once and it should show up again. Each time you flash the program it will go to default of not showing.

I do have a tune that I bought from 5star for when I first got my truck no intake just pipe and air box. It made it come to life. They emailed me the tune. Some where around $100????

#26 ·
Once it uploads you can and should unplug it but your gauges won't work if it is. Your shift light try hiring your shifter paddle button down once and it should show up again. Each time you flash the program it will go to default of not showing.
Ok I took it out and the shifter lights came back on thanks.

I do have a tune that I bought from 5star for when I first got my truck no intake just pipe and air box. It made it come to life. They emailed me the tune. Some where around $100????[/QUOTE said:
Can you email me that tune and see if it works for me?

Also I was looking to see where you adjust the tire size, but I didn't have any luck. I'm going to email SCT today and ask them how to do it, cause I'm getting my new winter tires installed on Monday.

#27 ·
So I sent an email to SCT on how to set up for the larger tires and this is what they sent me.

"It depends on the particular vehicle but in general you will go into the "User Adjustable Options" portion of the tune and it should have something for Tire Revs Per Mile and you will need to input the amount of revolutions your tire spins in one mile. The revs per mile of your particular tire is something that is going to be unique to your specific tire."

So I replied back to him and I told him the year and type of truck I own and the name and size of tires that is going on the truck. Lets see what he replies this time..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.