Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

New but not new...

3K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  I like Fords Too 
#1 ·
Evening all, not sure who's all still on here from a few years ago. I haven't been on here in a few years... used to go by layinhp... had issues when this place switched platforms and never could get it straightened out (hence the new account now) and life got busy. Thought id try it out again. :nerd:

#2 ·
Welcome back. Pretty slow on here lately. Not many originals left.

#4 ·
Hey Todd, you haven't missed much over the past few years. Only about half a dozen of the old guys left. If you know the guys handle maybe someone knows how to contact them.

#5 ·
Hey Todd good to hear from you

sending PM in a few tics .. I sent a message or few to your old account way back but never heard anything

..didn't see you abouts on the ontario rodders site either so I been wondering ?? and hoping everything was ok

I'd pm'ed ..before, to say I hadn't yet found the title but I had found the bundle of keys for it , the new doors , spare ign's and the locking hood release's

I'd wanted to ask if you had looked through the parts bins & hopefully gone through the three ? owner's manuals .. hoping maybe , maybe I'd put it in one of the books or it's folder
??

guess not ..

unless you found a title for a mercury .. ' THAT WOULD be it ... it's a merc not a ford .. as far as the province knows

one 1979 mercury f150 .. sold new from Roland lincoln mercury..along with a red cougar & ^ that ^ bundle of keys is still all on the original roland l/m key fob ..

as for finding the title .. if you can tell me for sure it ain't in one of those owner's manuals ...I'll go through everything again

we must be on a same "wave" I looked up your old profile here thinking I'd try asking anyone you might know better on site .. knew how to get in touch
also oddly I tried looking up the old buddy I bought the truck from on flop book .. but no luck
I lost touch in the mid 90's

then I tried his sisters name and got lucky .. so we might have a real way back machine if we need it ..

however key is remembering you're looking to replace a title for a MERC !! if replacement turns out needed

as you will remember picking up the truck at the storage lot I sold my house in may of '15 and had everything I owned in lockers along with the truck ..
until I had moved into the house I'm in now, the following may of '16

moving stuff from the lockers I found the keys .. but I'd already lost touch with you

I have a vague memory of seeing a ford owner's manual (???) when I was unpacking / moving in but I could easily think I did because I'm thinkin' of it and know the mental image all to well ..

I think the title screw up is simply the result of someone going to the ministry office to do titles for all the current batch of sold units from Roland lincoln MERCURy and simply typed say five merc titles instead of four and one ford

the truck was originally bought new bu my old buddy's uncle along with the cougar so my buddy was the second registered owner and thus the merc "thing" carried on

and you bet .. he and the cops had a long look at the sticker on his door ... everytime ...lol

one of the reasons it's nice to have the o-e key fob for it ..

a few collected "like" my truck pics and some pics of it going bye bye after 24 years in my garage .. bought it from buddy early summer of '91

and after you drove away with it and I got back to my hotel ... I googled 79 ford f150 toronto area.. ya know , sitting in the parking lot having a rest, and I find ,
exactly ,
the same
damned truck
as mine...

in hamilton .. same colour combo , all still together with the o-e 203 , and in about the same condition if you delete the big door dent and mirror mount holes
for $7800
ooooh sting.. that hurt lol

wheel pic is the turbovec wheels I wanted
the model kit shows the RVI roll bar you got with my truck
rvi .. R-V industries

the intake is a trick flow track heat stock 460 port , new in box and it's all I have left of my old truck now ..

I've only ever seen any account of about eight trucks that colour combo between mine one in the wreckers and a few online or in adds
september 1979 hotrod magazine has a ford f150 exactly the same but with the short camper antenna and the aluminum slot wheels

the gold and beige is rare as hens teeth

Attachments

#7 ·
oh , and the damage to the passenger side box in front of the wheel
was my buddy backing up , into and over one of those big oversized snow shovels with the lawnmower style handlebar on them

edge of scoop came up as the wheel rolled the back of the scoop down and the bottom edge of the box folded in/under
..then , he didn't hear me screaming at him and the box folded again , up higher

it was really nice ... before ...

#10 · (Edited)
update
I'm back to where I was on the search thing as I was .. back when I needed to ask you to check in those owner's manuals

and how many '79 o-manuals did I give you .. 2 or 3 ?

I had 3 ...but as I said above I'm not entirely sure I have saved one for myself or not

I have a foggy memory of putting the title and bill of sale in one of those manuals

I have found neither the title or the b o s ,,, leaving me to think they are still together someplace

I did the search through my old "saved stuff" .. boxes of crap that used to be in the sentimental crap drawer of my dresser ..
no dice

I have about 20 tote bins full of magazines and literature but it's going to take some time to go through 'em - looking for a possibly saved o-manual

I did find all the titles that used to be in my wallet including the one for my 85 mercury I scrapped
been worried I gave the wrecker guy the wrong title... but I can't find my b o s either so I'm not so worried I goofed

I really think it's in one of those owners manuals

I also have a briefcase full of envelopes with every receipt for all my projects over the years .. but I have to find it first

as you know I moved .. and most of my stuff is still in unpacked boxes in the basement

I'll update the excavation news as I dig..

#16 ·
well I went through all the sentimental drawer shit in the boxes I went through after moving ..

but I'm gonna sit on searching 40 totes for an owner's manual .. for now

seems to be no rush

if it can't be found I know there is a facebook profile (sister of) that can get you back to the registered owner
(ex buddy)...

considering the "ex" buddy part maybe I shouldn't be the one to try "contact" though.....

#22 ·
YO TODD !!

I have FINALLY FOUND IT

the title to the truck I sold you .. found in while sorting through the box of "hobby desk drawer" from back when I hadda move ..
didn't expect to find it there .. also have keys for both sets of doors you got along with the locking hood release handles

all good for when ya tag back in
all I need it to know where to send it all
J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.