Torque wrench - Page 3 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM

Home Depot doesn't do the tool exchange anymore, only if they have a sales event, they may do it, so says the GF who still works there.
I have both a craftsman and the husky, both in 1/2. The craftsman is good to 150ftlbs, but the husky is good to 250ftlbs (of the two models they have) plus it comes with a hard plastic case to keep it safe!, plus home depot will straight exchange their brand of tools if you were to break them.
If I remember right it was 80-100 bucks for the husky, the craftsman was over 150 bucks 10+ years ago. Sears will only send the torque wrenches out for repair and re-calibration, with the original receipt.
I'd go with the home depot, (even after working there for 15 years, 5 of the in hardware ordering and selling the them, and quitting under bad terms) I'd go with the husky, they are made by national hand tool, same guys who make snap on or mac tools, can't remember which one, for way less money. Stay away from the crappy tire stuff, it's off-shore if I remember right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode