Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Air Compressor

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  SKRWZ 
#1 ·
Air Compressor what do you have and how do you like it?

#2 ·
Compressor for shop or truck? My shop one is a 60 gallon Porter Cable with 7 1/2 hp motor...love it.

#6 ·
Campbell Hausfeld 60 gal 5 hp 220v (15 cfm) in my dad's shop (my compressor), big ass 5 hp 80 gal (20ish cfm) here at our rental place.

Firestone 1 cfm 1/2 gal 12v setup in my Ranger for the rear airbags, and have an airchuck for filling up the ATV tires. LR

#7 ·
I picked up a new toy this weekend from TSE stores 4 HP 60 Gal tank 220v has a Campbell Hausefled pump on it

Took these pics soon as I got it off the truck I'll have to see how it will work out .. looks ok so far

#8 ·
That looks pretty nice. You know to mount it to the floor, right? On mine, I put a 90 degree fitting at the bottom with a longer nipple and a ball valve for easy reaching when draining the water out everyday. Have fun with it. Is this you're first one? I bought mine after 20 years of wrenching and don't know how I went without one. Then I found Princess Auto, and went nuts buying air tools of all sorts.

#11 ·
Thanks, I probably will end up mounting it to the floor although I was thinking of leaving it on the skid, probably be safer mounted to the floor, and its actually my third compressor, first one was a old 3 hp from the mid 70's the motor went so I gave it to my nephew he replaced it along with a new pessure switch, and its still going, then I had a buddies 4 hp on loan for a long time so when he needed it back I went hunting and found this one, once you have one you always wonder how you worked with out one.

#10 ·
For the average guy, I think you can't beat Princess Auto, especially when they are on sale. Some of the tools they offer are labeled "Professional" and I'll look for that, even though there is better stuff out there. Oiling them each day of use helps too. I did buy a high quality 1/2" impact gun at Acklands, because I use that a lot and I figure it's worth the extra bucks.

#15 ·
#17 ·
Have one from my father in law. An old CH Canadian model 2 HP/30 gal, it has to be 40 yrs old and still going. He used it to paint 4 of his show cars and 2 old miltary vehicles he had. I had a 60 gal but the motor gave up, when he passed away. My MinL divide up all his tools between the boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.