NEED HELP: Fx-4 tranny issue? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Unhappy Fx-4 tranny issue?

Truck shudders in reverse gear? This started 2 weeks ago when in reverse the truck shutters. Talked to service manager he suggested going 30 mph downshifting into 1st gear to see if the issue can be repeated it did not repeat the same shudder, the engine breaked down the truck to a stop which its suppose to do. This truck has only 4700 km on it. The other issue it had was when brand new was it kept pulling to the right, the aligement was dead on i think they switched the tires around to fix that issue any one else having or had the tranny issue? The next step is to have some gauges put on the tranny to check pressure? I am feeling sick, about this, not a good feeling in the pit of my stomach? Very disapointed in this truck too many little issues now this what is next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
welcome to the site. can't help with the tranny other than maybe trying another dealer. are they getting any codes? we have a great tech guy on here, maybe he'll chime in soon with some help.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
welcome to the site. can't help with the tranny other than maybe trying another dealer. are they getting any codes? we have a great tech guy on here, maybe he'll chime in soon with some help.
No codes the engine does not rev down it stays the same througout the shudder?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 AM

Robert:when vehicle shudders is it just in rev or moving in rev?there are a couple of tsb's pertaining to this concern,and for the pull does it have a vibration from steering wheel or body when driving also?

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
Robert:when vehicle shudders is it just in rev or moving in rev?there are a couple of tsb's pertaining to this concern,and for the pull does it have a vibration from steering wheel or body when driving also?
Shudders only when shifted into reverse and as soon as you remove your foot from the break pedal it shudders also if you hit the accelerator pedal in reverse the shudder in much more prevalent.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 PM

ther was a tsb for the park brakes hanging up,lift the rear wheels off ground and se if turn free by hand,than see if the park cables are hanging up,also check to see if you have a seal leak(just remove the adjuster plugs and look inside),and for the vibration/pull do you have pirelli 20" tires ijust replaced one for the same concern on my truck.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
ther was a tsb for the park brakes hanging up,lift the rear wheels off ground and se if turn free by hand,than see if the park cables are hanging up,also check to see if you have a seal leak(just remove the adjuster plugs and look inside),and for the vibration/pull do you have pirelli 20" tires ijust replaced one for the same concern on my truck.
Yes 20" on my truck I am going to check that out thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode