Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Transmission problems

NEED HELP: 
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Garry D 
#1 ·
Okay.. another problem popped up on my 01 ford ranger ( 3.0L RWD).

Just a few days ago this started.. my O/D light keeps turning on and the truck shifts a little hard from 1st - 2nd gear.. and my worst concern is the cruise RPM. going 100km/h its at 3000 rpm.. way too high. so trying to pass people on the highway is pretty hard on the engine. pushing the O/D button doesn't do anything at highway speeds.

I recently finished college ( big debt) and got laid off from my job for a while.. so i am trying to read as much as i can and get some help from people online before i go into a shop, and piss my money away.

any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

#7 ·
Thank you everyone who messaged me. I checked the fluid level and yes it was way above the checked part of the dip stick so I drained a lot of fluid out. I also replaced the vss in the rear diff. Now all is good, also changed the diff oil & replaced engine oil. This F150 has only 116,+++klms from new, so I'll be driving it a long time. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.