Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Any one have a 05-07 with a 5.4

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  LayinHp 
#1 ·
Fellas
As posted on another forum site. My 00 Scab with 5.4 was written off by a nice old lady that could see the red. I have a short list of 5 150s and three 250. The 250s are a screw 4x4 short box and a scab FX 4 5.4 and a scab 6.0. Can you give any in put. Here are the links. http://www.autotrader.ca/DaveRenwickCarSales

#2 ·
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I only see one F150 listed, and it's a two wheel drive for $8000.

Input on buying a truck is pretty subjective, depends on what you want, not what I want for you, and depends on where you are as far was what you want to spend.

Could you be a little more specific ?

Sorry to hear about the little old lady that wrecked your 00 Scab, the elderly can be a worse hazard than texting.

I say pull their licences and put 'em on public transportation, at least then they'll always have someone to talk to, and it'll get them off the road.

#3 ·
They are on the web site. I am looking for someone that owns a 5.4 250. And how it drives, milage, etc. I know it wouldn't be as good as diesel. But what Im reading a diesel maybe more work. A fired owns a Ram Diesel and has no problems why are fords as mouc a PITA

#5 ·

Pretty funny….2007 F250's window price is $10,999, website price is $9500, w/ 240,000 km. Interior's ratty and stained.

2005 F250 is much the same…$11,995 window vs $9999 website, 230,000 km, again, interior's a little ratty.

2006 looks pretty clean, best interior of the three, not sure what the original price was, but on for $12,500 w/ 139,000km

Of the three, my money's on the 2006.

Wonder how long they've been sitting there ? Personally, I'd rather set myself on fire than have to deal with used car sales lots, but that's just me.

Good luck on the search, hope you find what you're looking for.

#6 ·
FX4MT
The 07 is clean and not stained. All are in clean condition. The reason Im asking is just to get a feel on mileage, yes its a heavier truck. But if I cannot find a good 03 when I get the cash, I will be limited to 04-08. And don't find them to good looking inside to plastic looking.
Viper
Its the amount that I may get from the insurance. I need a 4x4 I find the 04s and newer are low, My old 00 was higher stock than some lifted newer. I take it out to hunt and fish. I use the back for my dogs. As well as we sleep in the back with a cap. Yes a 150 can do the same but as above to plastic looking. There are 2 03s here around London to Sarnia. But only one looks worth the cash. I have 6 04s to 06s f 150s in the list. Id like to go with the grey one if he comes down and I get a good bit from the insurance. It has it all and don't think it be too much of a pig on gas. Our ever day veh is an Edge, but I am posted away from the family and just don't want to have three vehs.

#8 ·
FX spoke to the dealer, they are all clean. At first I thought they were stained. But was told its the pictures. He said the only thing is the arm rest has a lil rub spot on the 07.
The biggest problem is waiting for the insurance. I guess people in GTA get ahead of all others. I called yesterday and was told because of the ice storm they are behind. What does the ice storm do with having a someone come see the truck and tell me what Im not getting. Theres no snow in St Thomas and the appraiser comes from London.

#9 ·
I started this thread to ask if anyone owned a 5.4 F250. And what to expect out of it either a SCAB or SCREW. But no one here has one. The friend that has an 99 thinks its great with no bad milage.

#11 ·
I just don't know about a crew cab if itll be not enough engine for it. I wouldnt tow anything above 4000.

#13 ·
Steer clear of a 6.0L. International really screwed it up for design and Ford screwed up the programming.

#16 ·
Id expect just a bit worse mileage then a 1/2ton due to it being a heavier truck.... look at the rear end with at least 3.73's they come with 4.10's but would eat more fuel.... Ive got an 07 F350 6.0L ext cab short box 4x4 it gets pretty much the same mileage towing or not. Diesels are def more costly when maintenance comes around and if you skip out or cheap out it only makes for problems down the road and the variable turbos don't like to sit or they can develop rust and not work properly.

If you were looking for a pretty much bullet proof diesel and keep it pretty much stock id go with the 7.3L. The 6.0L is a good engine if well taken care of and makes gobbs more power then the 7.3 but buying one used is a gamble as to when issues start to arise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.