next mod. - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Lilbigtrk
next mod.

this is my next mod. i will post another pic showing you where they will go but not doing till the weekend.

this is where the are going. where you see the blue dots. thats where 3 blue LED'S are going. on both sides and i'll be doing this sunday befor football or sat after our meet. all i need is a lil more whire some conectors and a nice switch.

MAKE: Ford, MODEL:Ranger, YEAR: 1993, MODS:4inch body lift, 32 11.5 15 M/T's, push bar chrome, rollbar black,4 off road light JVC CD deck,2 12' mtx subs, 1000watt mtx amp,blue neon

Last edited by Lilbigtrk; 10-22-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 07:18 AM

I'm not sure if you are planning to install them facing forward or not, but if facing forward be careful with legality. From what I understand, it is illegal in Ontario to have more than 4 lights illuminated facing forward while driving. A while ago, during the 'import craze' guys used to have those illuminated windshield washer lights and the cops were pulling them over for the infraction. Even though they are only LEDs, you may run into one of those 'by the book' cops who will give you a hard time.
I'm not sure about rear facing lights...

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 AM

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckpilot View Post
I'm not sure if you are planning to install them facing forward or not, but if facing forward be careful with legality. From what I understand, it is illegal in Ontario to have more than 4 lights illuminated facing forward while driving. A while ago, during the 'import craze' guys used to have those illuminated windshield washer lights and the cops were pulling them over for the infraction. Even though they are only LEDs, you may run into one of those 'by the book' cops who will give you a hard time.
I'm not sure about rear facing lights...
lies, i had angel eyes never got touch, they only care if its red facing forward, or if its really bright...

and for a 4x4 truck you sure like to be a ricer

The F150 UFO

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coruptyed View Post
lies, i had angel eyes never got touch, they only care if its red facing forward, or if its really bright...

and for a 4x4 truck you sure like to be a ricer
Before you're too quick to say "lies", I suggest you check the book. Fact - guys here in Ottawa were and I repeat, were getting pulled over, not necessarily ticketed, for having more than 4 forward facing lights on at any one time. The fact that you never got pulled over doesn't prove anything other than you were lucky, but there's always a next time.
All I was trying to do is give a heads up, possibly we should check with you for all the legal issues in Ontario???
One final thing, I never said that they were illegal, I stated that it was my understanding that they were illegal so I did not lie as you have so tactlessly stated.
Possibly you should think before you post.

Last edited by truckpilot; 10-22-2008 at 01:04 PM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckpilot View Post
Before you're too quick to say "lies", I suggest you check the book. Fact - guys here in Ottawa were and I repeat, were getting pulled over, not necessarily ticketed, for having more than 4 forward facing lights on at any one time. The fact that you never got pulled over doesn't prove anything other than you were lucky, but there's always a next time.
All I was trying to do is give a heads up, possibly we should check with you for all the legal issues in Ontario???
One final thing, I never said that they were illegal, I stated that it was my understanding that they were illegal so I did not lie as you have so tactlessly stated.
Possibly you should think before you post.
Well your talking to the king of being pulled over, i got more lights on my truck then anything, ive been pulled for my ps2 in my truck, I asked London opp, and St Thomas about my angel eyes, they said there perfectly legal while running at night time, as long as my headlights arent off and thats my only light source, the only time i got dinged for a ticket was when my strobes came on in my headlights and grill. I have a lot of lights and always look up the laws first before i do it, he could have argued it.

The F150 UFO
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:46 PM

any blue light they can charge you for for impersenating a snow plow.....purple would be impersinating a funeral persesion....red well thats obvious either imp a cop not a good charge or it also states no red lights facing forward (so no one thinks there driving at tailights id assum

if they say for offroad use then there probly not DOT legal take the HID kits most arent DOT hencewhy there illegal

the one i was interested in for the exp guy ended up keeping for his own truck or id have them they do make things brighter

when i had my bronco 2 had a pushbar with 2 fogs on it and a lightbar with 2 ligts hadto keep upper 2 lightscovered otherwise i could have been charged thatswhy you see the KC lights norm with covers, also i drove around with just the fogs on and parking lights (a look back then) got pulled over because of it they wanted to ticket me but my main headlights worked, you need to have a low beam and high beam, i told em fogs were low and mains were highbeam saidthat was ok and i wason my way
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
this fight was just starting to get good lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
About five years ago the cops cracked downed up hear on the led's when the ricers became popular up here, if they could see the bulb or the light was too bright you got pulled over and they usually gave a warning or a ticket pending on your attitude.....No body even bothers putting them on anymore up here. If it's on a switch at least you can turn the off if you get bugged then turn them back on the next day

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbigtrk View Post
this is my next mod. i will post another pic showing you where they will go but not doing till the weekend.

this is where the are going. where you see the blue dots. thats where 3 blue LED'S are going. on both sides and i'll be doing this sunday befor football or sat after our meet. all i need is a lil more whire some conectors and a nice switch.
Bring them with you to the meet

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Lilbigtrk
ok guys. i have 8 lights facing forwards. and theres are birght lights but they will not be on while driving just to show off. and i know its the law but who is the law.
cops think there above it but again they will be only for show. my lights will be on a switch like all the others ones. and no cop has pulled me over cause of my lights on my light bar. i have the covers for them but since day one they havent been on . i was tould that i cant get charged unless there on cause they are 130watts each and i have 6 of them..6x130watts its a lot of ****ing light..lmao.

but thanks for all the info and there still going in :P

yea matt i'll bring them

MAKE: Ford, MODEL:Ranger, YEAR: 1993, MODS:4inch body lift, 32 11.5 15 M/T's, push bar chrome, rollbar black,4 off road light JVC CD deck,2 12' mtx subs, 1000watt mtx amp,blue neon

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode