Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

1987/89 Bronco II build

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  68Mercury250Ranger 
#1 ·
Well it hasn't really started yet but thanks to James (68mercury250ranger) I've found the drivetrain for my full size swap. It consist of a Dana 44,Ford 8.8 and 5.0l from a full size bronco. I'm one step closer atleast to the start of the build I now have the parts for my idea in reach.
As it sits now compared to my 89 BII it looks like a low rider.

Rotten quarters

Interior

Donor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
The 5.0l has a set of shorty style ceramic headers on it now so I'll have to see how they fit when the motors mounted in the BII. I'll keep it in mind if they don't work out though thanks.

#4 ·
Hey James:
should I have a look at that 86 Bronco 2 diesel I told you about ? its cheap and pretty easy for me to pick up, my coworker owns it. glass is all broken but body is supposedly pretty clean. do you have space in that shop foundation for 1 more B2?

cheers James

maybe if it stayed on that trailer until spring nobody would notice?

#5 ·
I'll have to hold of for now on the third one. Once spring comes I may be interested, going to have to see what i have to work with body wise once all the snow is gone and I can get it pulled off the frame. The price most likely will be right though to buy it just to have. If he's not looking at selling it right away I would be interested after the thaw.

#7 ·
If I was allowed just 1 more space, i would have the diesel bronco 2 already. I don't think we can get close to it until spring anyway. if James doesn't want it, i'll pass the info on. best I can do for now.
fricken snow:icon_rolleyes:

i guess i should start my diesel bronco build thread while I'm pulling out the 5.0 powertrain.
it should keep my brother's shop/ my hoist busy till spring!;)muhahahaha:icon_twisted:

5.0 bronco II on fullsize axles.....................:icon_cool:very:icon_cool:

cheers James

#8 ·
Well we will wait then. Looks like everything I want to do is on hold until spring. Come on warm weather lets melt this white stuff.

#9 ·
yeah this snow stuff sucks:icon_mad:

want to do a run to Sarnia with the trailer to grab up a parts explorer, but I can't even get to my trailer. the big JD 4240 isn't 4wd or i would try and get close to the trailer. :icon_redface:

I guess i will get more done on the bronco powertrain extraction instead.:icon_idea:

cheers James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.