Auto Up/Down windows - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Interior Dashboards, Clusters, Seats, Upholstery etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Auto Up/Down windows

Tonight I added one touch auto up and down to my passenger window of my B4000 I found the instructions on how to on a Ranger forum.

The auto control module comes from a Taurus, Sable, CrownVic or lincon town car from the late 80's early 90's.

You need 1 for each function. I have auto down already on driver side so I needed 3 for drivers auto up, passenger auto up and down. It's inside the door panel, comes in black and blue and looks like this

Once I knew what I was looking for I went to the local upulll and found the 3 I needed... $1.99 each so a sweet mod for only $6.75 tax in

The online instructions were for a 2001+ but the wiring was all different on my 2010 so I had to get the diagrams and figure out what colors translated for 2001 to 2010. I've got the passenger side auto up/down done but need to take another look at the diagrams before I attempt the driver side.

Figured I'd post this up because very functional mod for not much $'s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 AM

My truck came standerd with auto up/down windows, I like it, can spend more time consintrating on driving not holding a botton.

2012 XLT F150 (Sterling Grey)
Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint, 6" Rough Country Lift, 18" Helo 6 Wheels(chrome), 35" Toyo Open Country A/T's, SuperChip, Rear Wheel well Liners, Hood Shield,
Window Visors, Fender Flares
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Figured out the drivers side tonight... they change the design so the 5th wire you need to tap in the instructions is now inside the switch. I was able to work around it and now both windows are auto up/down and I really like this mod.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode