NEED HELP: Fuse type indentification - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Interior Dashboards, Clusters, Seats, Upholstery etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Fuse type indentification

Does anyone know what type of fuses are in the fuse block that is located at the bottom left of the dash. The access panel is between the e-brake release and the hood release.

My issue is that when the truck is running and I turn on the headlights I get no cluster illumination, no radio button lights and no climate control lights. All trouble lights etc.. on the dash work. The weird thing is, once I turn on the headlights I can put the switch to the OFF position and the headlights stay on. I turn off the ignition and the headlights stay on. The only way to get the headlights to turn off at this point is to press the keyless entry buttons 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time to lock the doors.

I know the fuses I need to check on that fuse block are F2.2 and F2.16 but I have no idea if they are minis or micro connectors and the only way to know is to remove the fuse block and I'd rather just remove it once rather than twice.

For now I have a small set of 2 LED mood lights plugged into the power port stuck to the top of the steering column so I can see my cluster at night.

Any info is helpful.

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:54 AM

with issues like those I might wanna pop the headlight / dimmer switches outta tyhe dash and give em a quick sniff test

if they smell burnt you probably need a new switch

and that would likely kill fuses

as for what they call the half sized fuses in our trucks Idono

but a 20 amp one is 6 bucks at the dealer

crappy tire wanted 6 bucks for ones that glow when burnt and 5 bucks for a few that don't glow

they're half the size of the fuses found in say an 80's car - the flat plastic ones
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Answer = Mini.

I got an assorted pack for $8 at parts source, had 8 differnent ones. I swapped out the 5A and 20A and it didn't fix it. At this point I may take out the cluster to check for loose connections. If thats all good I'll check the light switch and if that fails I try to remove the fuse box to see if its got corrosion. After that I give up and take it to the shop.

Every thing works on the light switch, interior light, marker lights, fog lights, just once you turn it on with the motor running you can't turn the headlights off without locking the doors with the remote or keyless enty buttons on the door.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Well swapping fuses didn't fix it. Checked the connections on the back of the cluster. After that I lost all my marker lights. Took it to my mechanic, turns out the issue was a loose wire connection from the fuse box under the hood that runs to the interior fuses. Issue solved.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode