Heated Seats Revisited - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Interior Dashboards, Clusters, Seats, Upholstery etc

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a group buy for aftermarket heated seats?
Yes, I want both done 3 37.50%
Yes, only the driver's seat 1 12.50%
No, already have them 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Heated Seats Revisited

Okay... so I don't like my butt being cold anymore, and there have been a few others who have PM'd me to find out what I know about who can do aftermarket heated seat installs.

There is a shop locally in Kitchener that is highly recommended, and our friends at Blackstock can do this as well.

Here is what I need to know... How many would be interested in getting this done... seriously having it done?

If I can gauge enough interest, then I may be able to approach the shop for a group rate/discount to get them done at the same place.

Use the voting buttons so that I can get an idea on how many we can get.

The local shop in KW will do a per seat price... so vote carefully...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Update: I have talked to a local shop in KW, and they are willing to do a "group buy" sort of discount for us if I can bring the trucks in.

Vehicle would be required for the better part of the day if getting both seats done, and obviously less if only one.

Heater switch will be a Hi-Low-Off switch, and tied to accessory/switched power so that there is no chance of them being on when the vehicle is not.

The switches are typically installed in the side of the seat, could be moved to the console if required... but if they have to go to the dash, there may be an extra charge for extending the wiring harness.

If you are serious on this, vote, and PM me for pricing details. We will get the reduced rate as long as we have 6 that are being done. When I say 6, I mean seats... not people. So, for example, if we had 3 people that wanted both the driver's seat and passenger seat done... better rate.

Let me know... because if your butt is as cold on your seats as mine is... I know you won't want to wait much longer.

Oh, and they can do these on short notice as they stock all equipment in their shop. They are not a dealership... but rather a custom interior shop... so there is no reservations about someone not knowing what they are doing ripping your seats apart.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Hope you guys do get a package deal to help you out. I on the other hand had my heated seats put in not too long ago, aftermarket ones too(good price too). They are nice, the low temp. is all I need as it gets pretty hot. The switch is mounted on the side panel of the seat and is a pretty good location, easily reached by my hand.

I'm still thinking about moving them though. I think they would look good up on the centre console in the top left corner. That way I could turn on the passengers seat easily instead of reaching over to the far side of the seat to turn it on.

Anyway, hope it works out for you all.............

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Come on folks... for everyone that said they were tired of cold seats... where have you gone to?

March is not the time to do this... and I don't think I can handle the gluteus maximus frostbite much longer. LOL
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Well... I will bring this up again at the Feb GtG... but it seems as though we may not have the interest in doing this that I thought was originally out there.

From the sounds of it, there were a lot more people that wanted this done, than just 2 of us, and of those... 3 seats between us.

If you have been holding out and are interested in this... but are just seeing this thread for the first time... please PM me asap and let me know.

Thanks.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 05:43 PM

What is the price per seat if you get enough people?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

If you're interested in this... PM me with your details and I will set up a meeting to get this together for all interested parties.

Thanks.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Do the heated seat install yourself, takes about six hrs if you have mechanical know how. You can but the bottom & back heater units with switch for $165CDN each side. No big deal and toasty warm.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Apprentice

what shop in kw are you dealing with?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:55 PM

I wouldnt mind this in my truck

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode