So i Decided to "Smoke" or tint my tailights... i kinda made a how to
1) Remove The lights you wish to tint ( you will need an 8mm socket for the tailights, and a philips screw driver if tinting 3rd Brakelight)
2) Make sure You have the Fallowing:
- Tint (I used VHT Night shades)
- Masking tape (tape off areas that you dont want overspray)
- Scissors (cut tape, and sandpaper)
- 500 grit sandpaper (this is for the initial roughing)
- 1500 grit sandpaper (this is for a finer roughing)
- 2000 grit wetsand-paper (this is for smoothing it out after paint is applied)
- Rubbing alcohal (this is for cleaning the lense before paint)
- Patience (they are key for any project)
3) I wasant sure how the spray applied so i used a piece opf scrap plexi-glass to practice
Sanded with 500 grit, then 1500 before sprayed
as you can see my technique got better by the third block
4) Now that youve practiced, take your lenses, and sand them first with 500 grit sandpaper.
5) after you have "roughed" the lense, wipe it off with a clean rag, and sand with 1500 grit sandpaper (this will smooth out the finish and make the tint stick)
(notice how dull the lense is)
6) Take a clean rag and apply the rubbing alcohal, this cleans the lense well.
7) Now apply thin, even coats. ( i did 4)
8 ) Once you have your desired tint level. let the lenses cure for about 4 hours (overnight is best)
9) Using a Mixture of soap and water (just use enough soap to barely make bubbles)
wetsand the lense till dull when dry, dont apply too much pressure or take too much paint off!
10) dry the lense, then once again clean the lense with rubbing alcohal
11) by this time you think you just fu**ed up your lense!
12) using a fine cut rubbing compound, buff the lenses with a soft rag (easiest if you re-install lights on truck)
13) enjoy your lights!