Thinking about a lift - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Suspension Lift/Drop Kits Springs, Shocks, Brakes, Axles,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about a lift

I have been looking into a lift for my 2008 Screw and am just looking for some opinions. From what I have read a lot of people recommend the Fabtech.

I do not go off road too much, and when I do I usually take it pretty easy, so I don't need the best/strongest lift out there, just something that is not going to fall apart in a year. I also want a lift that I can use the stock wheels on.

I found the 6" rough country lift, which I don't think looks too bad. There doesn't seem to be a lot of people with the rough country lift though.
It goes on ebay for $1300 US shipped.
http://www.roughcountry.com/ford_4wd_f150_6.html

Just want to know what people think of the rough country lift, if it is worth it or not.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 AM

Rise industries makes a nice looking lift,instals easy too.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
Rise industries makes a nice looking lift,instals easy too.
Yeah, the Rize is a VERY nice lift, but it is a little more than I want to spend.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Well, I can get the Rough country kit locally for $1600can + install vs $2400 for a procomp stage 1.

I can not find anyone with the lift that is not happy with it, so I just might go for it...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyV View Post
Yeah, the Rize is a VERY nice lift, but it is a little more than I want to spend.
How much were the kits you were finding?

"The Dark Knight"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1635 View Post
How much were the kits you were finding?
I didn't really look into the Rize kit too much as I was only looking into 6" lifts. But from what I found, the 8" Rize goes for about 2700-2800us.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to SCREWDRIVER
I dont know about Rough Country... Ive heard it rides really poorly. All the same, the more you spend on a lift, the better quality you will get. Rize lifts are nice, but IMO 6 inches is the most Id run on an IFS setup. If you actually plan on using the truck offroad I just dont think the stock susp. can handle 37 inch tires. If youre going to spend that kind of money on a lift, might as well find some one to do a solid axle setup for you. Will probably cost you 2-3 grand, and you can go as high as you want.

2oo5 F~15o Supercrew 4x4
3" ReadyLift Leveling Kit - 1.5" SkyJacker AAL - 3o5/7oR17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - 17x9 Eagle o79 - Raider Hard Tonneau - Pioneer FHP8oooBT - Dual Bassworx 10" Subs - Custom Fit Bassworx Sub Box - Flowmaster 40 Series SI/DO
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWDRIVER View Post
I dont know about Rough Country... Ive heard it rides really poorly. All the same, the more you spend on a lift, the better quality you will get. Rize lifts are nice, but IMO 6 inches is the most Id run on an IFS setup. If you actually plan on using the truck offroad I just dont think the stock susp. can handle 37 inch tires. If youre going to spend that kind of money on a lift, might as well find some one to do a solid axle setup for you. Will probably cost you 2-3 grand, and you can go as high as you want.

An sas would probably cost more than 2-3 grand unless your a very skilled mechanic. plus doing sas on a new vehicle is not a good idea unluss you have boat loads of cash just sitting around.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWDRIVER View Post
I don't get how the rough country can ride any worse than any of the other kits that use a spacer on top of the stock springs? I don't want any more than a 6" lift as I plan on keeping the 35's and want to keep the overall height under 7' so that i still fit in parking garages and car washes... Where can you get a solid axle installed for 2-3 grand???
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Apprentice

I say get it.I'm looking at getting one in the spring.You can't beat the price.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode