Thinking about bagging the rear - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Suspension Lift/Drop Kits Springs, Shocks, Brakes, Axles,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about bagging the rear

I have a 2008 4x4 Ranger which I do alot of hauling with and was thinking about adding Firestone bags in the back. They have a load capacity of 3000lbs which is way more than I need.

My question about bags is when I take the uninflate them will the truck get lower? I'm uncranking the TB and removing the rear block. Wanna lower the truck and throw 18's on it. But if I do an axle flip the rear will be 1.5" lower than the front so that's another reason I want bags.

Having an adjustable ride height in the back would be wicked but I've never heard reviews on them.

Thanks a ton guys

2008 Ranger FX4
Some lift, some tires, and a winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 AM

I have thought If I were able to lift it up equivalent to a 6" suspension lift and still be able to drop it down to stock height or lower (just for loading/unloading purposes would be the way to go.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 03:36 AM

the only problem you will run into is ride quality when inflated to max psi,and firestone recommends running min 20psi to prevent the bags from friction ruptures.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Whoa old thread lol I might still do this but not for the purposes of dropping the truck, mostly for control. I've finally decided with what to do with the truck and that's to lift it about 4-5" from stock and keep it with 32's. All I'm missing now is the 07 keys, 07 rear block and Belltechs.

How is the ride quality with bags? Won't it be super bouncy because of the pressure?

2008 Ranger FX4
Some lift, some tires, and a winch
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 06:01 PM

I drive a loggin truck for a living and thats what 90% of the people use out there, ride quality is far superior then anything else and trust me we're not easy on riggin and have rarely had troubles with bags blowing, altho diff stronger bags iam sure. They make a loud bang when they pop...might wanna go to a truck shop and buy some good strong bags. Would be nice if u knew exactly what u needed, then u could modify it to make it a stronger better system.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode