Ontario Source - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Suspension Lift/Drop Kits Springs, Shocks, Brakes, Axles,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Ontario Source

What are my local options for obtaining a set of Bilstein shocks for my truck?

National4wd doesn't show them as a supplier on their website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:54 AM

From what I've read on another forum there is a long backorder problem with Bilstein. They switched to a new plating factory after the old one closed down. The new one is not up to fully handling the the demand at this time. Prolly won't be until Nov. when the new orders will be filled. You can prolly find some on ebay.

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 01:10 AM

This is the info I was talking about from the other forum.

Bilstien 5100 Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if anyone else is waiting on a set of these leveling shocks, but I got off the phone with Top Gun Customz today and they told me it would be October now before they come in. Every time I've called them they push it off another month, so, fed up and thinking I might go with Rancho, I decided to call Bilstien.

I talked to one of their reps, who I won't mention by name but he was a great guy, and he gave me the low down. Apparently the plant that does the plating on the shocks got shut down and they had to scramble to find a new plating facility. Add to that the popularity of the shocks and that they're already at the level of almost not being able to fill all the orders and that's what resulted in this long on-and-off backorder period.

According to the guy I talked to, the new plating facility is actually providing better quality than the old one, and they're beginning to ramp up to production levels as the new plating facility gets used to the demand.

I was told that the first batch of overstock 5100's are being sent out to retailers now... which is great for those of us who have been waiting but sucks for anyone who wants to buy a set fresh. I was told that this first set isn't enough to fill all the overstock orders, but the second shipment from Germany for those will come on the 24th and be distributed to retailers at that time... so October looks to be when they'll hit. It was nice to actually hear it from someone who knew what was going on.

I'm still holding out. Been waiting since June, lol. I would've cancelled and went with Rancho instead if I hadn't been assured that October would see my order finally filled at that latest.

Just thought I'd put that out there for those who have been waiting or are thinking of getting them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 AM

This isn't an Ontario source, they're in Richmond, BC. But I think they are the Canadian distributor for Bilstein (Essex Distributors) and they sell online. There's also an 800 number so you could check stock before you order. They seem to have very good prices from what I've seen.

http://www.bilsteincanada.com/

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks b4000, I ordered a set of front shocks from them. Hopefully that will help stabilize my front end, it's been a little jumpy lately.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode