882+tx for ball joints and tie rods + labor from the stealership - Page 2 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Suspension Lift/Drop Kits Springs, Shocks, Brakes, Axles,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 AM

I get all my parts from NAPA or Bob's here in ST. Dealership is only for the none aftermarket stuff. In Petawawa and Fredricton, use to get a good discount at the dealership. I always buy the lifetime parts. My wife's Ex has gone through 4 upper ball joints. At 0$ its good just have to pay 120$ once.

The Ultimate Off Road vehicle is 64 Tons, Tan/Green, has a 120MM Cannon , a crew of 4 and can make popcorn.
It's a LEOPARD TANK
My new one 2003 Larit FX4, 5.4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Forum Newbie

I would agree that the price on those parts is expensive and aftermarket can be cheaper. But at the same time I am not sure of buying from Rockauto. What happens if they send you the wrong part or it has a manufacturing defect? Waiting even longer for parts. As a mechanic at a tire shop I check my prices fairly often. Sometimes the dealership has the cheaper price. I checked a Dodge axle u joint the other day and there was almost $100 difference between Dodge and Napa. As for the guy that paid $200 for a wheel alignment - they must have done a few adjustments. What most people don`t know is that most alignments only include adjuting toe. If you even go onto alldata and look up alignment labour times it show toe only then extra for caster/ camber adjustments and most shops wont tell u that until the job is done. i personally don't care if a person goes dealership or other store for parts but i do like to support local businesses as much as possible. You never know when you may need a favor from someone there. Just my 2 cents

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode