Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

online searching is still work..

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  I like Fords Too 
#1 ·
Hi again i'm off physical work duty tdy:icon_cool: but as i try to explain to my real life bro,searching for jobs or work related stuff is still work..thats the whole reason that i've recently joined sites like this is to make my life & the lives of others easier.so here goes alittle giveback.i've owned several mid sixties ford products a 64 merc comet 2dr w/hi/po 289 & 4spd. A really nice 64 ranchero.260 v8 w/a 4spd and only 49k orig miles w 13" 5 lug wheels n wirehubcaps.a 65 ranchero w a 65 comet front clip,302 4v 3spd on floor.beast..84&85 lincoln mrk 7s. 85 was like brand new. 89 mrk 7 lsc.tripple black.90 twncar retired hgwy patrol owners personnel vehicle. 94&95 ford taurus both were very gd cars.91 F150.xl.4.9ltr 5spd shortbed great truck.93 F150 xlt.longbd.4.9 auto.also great truck my dads 05 Ranger.4cyl 5 spd.& my latest baby a 95 F250.kingcab w/7.3 ltr PSD & auto.w/250k miles.need some trouble shootlng advice on. If there's anything automobile related that i can help or share some past experience with or from, please contact me & i will be more then happy to share. Thankyou.

#3 ·
Hey, welcome to the site. For sure post some pics if you can...we love all old Fords. What kind of info are you looking for on the powerstroke?

#4 ·
Hi, & Thanks for the visits to my thread.as for my psd.it had some problems when i bought it,like stalling when coming to a stop&then sounds & feels like it is missing as i take off to get up to speed.also if while at idle in park if i push on the brake peddle up/down real fast it will suddenly just die? Pulsating on the brake peddle.i've put (2) brand new matching batteries checked cleaned replaced all corroded related cables,also new fuel filter & new brake booster valve from the vacume pump to the vacume booster? Its got 250 k miles w/80k on rebuilt tranny 4eod.i've read that it could be a whole lotta stuff recently.. Ugh..ystrdy it wouldn't start & light gray smoke just a littlebit.it would turn over but no start.so after i felt worried about battery drain.i put it on trickle charge for couple hrs,replaced brake part. & it started right up still missing a little. No smoke.p

#5 ·
I had a '95 F-350 and it developed a miss. It turned out to be a bad connection at the valve cover gasket. This is a very common issue with these trucks. If you pull the oil fill cap off, take a sniff and if you smell a burnt smell, then it time to change the UVC (Under Valve Cover) harnesses that supply power to injectors and glow plugs. Most guys will replace both gaskets and all the harnesses to make it all new again. Another issue with these trucks is the CPS (Cam Position Sensor). They can fail, leaving you stranded. It is wise to buy a spare and keep it in the truck with the needed tools to change it out if need be.

Is your truck all stock? Want more power? Some exhaust work and a Tymar air filter will help a lot...and helps fuel economy too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.