Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Reductant Pump/Heater

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SVT4MT 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 f350 6.7 dually. Engine light came on, went to dealer to get it scanned, found out it was the RETUCTANT HEATER/PUMP. They told me there is a national back order for this part. NOT GOOD.

Has anyone have this problem as well?? Being from Yellowknife, NWT (was -40ish for 6 weeks) took a toll on the pump. I asked if i can eliminate it, but they told me it would void my warrenty.

Thanks

YKX

#2 ·
You can delete the DEF and DPF system. Not cheap and may not pass emissions but doable. They cannot void your warranty just because you modify the system, if the modification is the problem than they will not cover it but they cannot void your entire warranty.

The part is on a huge backorder. It is a supplier issue. The manufacturer had a problem and they are trying to fix it.

#3 ·
i work at a Hino truck dealer and the DEF pumps are also a problem for them in cold climate too. the most recent update/recall, has the DEF hoses insulated along with coolant lines to the DEF tank. they were freezing up at the tank and burning out the pump. now we are running out of wiper motors.
Ontario drivers are not used to clearing ice and snow from their wipers and wiper arms.

this is one of the coldest winters I can remember in many years here.

#5 ·
I have had a CEL on now for 3 weeks, came up with reductant heater problems. Same thing no parts, and no timeline. Engine is in safe mode and no power to pull! Truck now has 158,000 km, I need it fixed and dealership can't do anything. I said ok sell me a new one! Well after offering me next to nothing, I made a call to ford canada. Ford canada called dealership and now they are saying I should see a part in the next week! Well time is money for me so I went to local dodge dealership and even with the CEL light on they did offer me a better deal than ford!!! So where is the customer service! Anyone have any advice? Or realistic time lines of these parts. I would hate to jump ship to dodge but ford sure isn't standing behind their product

#6 ·
The part is on a huge backorder. It is a supplier issue. The manufacturer had a problem and they are trying to fix it.[/QUOTE]

I know it doesn't help you but sometimes things are out of your dealer's control. A week? Sounds like someone is trying to help you.

#7 ·
Welcome to ford tough.ca, keep a sense of humour with you at all times.

Be patient and wait a week for the part, or go buy a Dodge. I'd wait a week for the part , but that's just me.

If Dodge is offering that much more for a broken truck, maybe try a different Ford dealership and see how the three numbers compare.

We're only seeing one side of the story here, so no idea how the exchange went at the dealership over this issue, and that could have influenced their offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.