Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Sick truck

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Fordsforever6.0 
#1 ·
Just got a whole lot sicker... wont run.

Supposed to get it to Listowel for an exhaust fix but developed another issue over the last few weeks... pretty sure its the FICM.... was running now it wont run at all damn thing.

Trying to download a video but its not working out well, nothings working as it should lol

#3 ·
Happened to me, twice. It was the plug into the FICM. Had to tywrap it in until it could be fixed.

#4 ·

nope ive got no luck at all..... got to get it on the scangauge see if I can get the ficm voltage, hopping the warmer weather tomorrow afternoon will help

sorry for the sideways video.... it didn't download from my phone that way... see another thing gone wrong lol

#5 ·
Got any codes? Sent my ficm to Ed at ficmrepair.com...he's the "go to" guy for ficm repairs and upgrades. I got him to add the Atlas40 tune to mine. Hopefully it'll be at home when I get back from vacation. Looking forward to a reliable ficm with a lifetime warranty too.

Andy.

#6 ·
no codes pertaining to the FICM that I can read from my programmer... engine light was on but no codes cleared them anyways and light went away. going to get my scangauge 2 hooked up and see what the voltage is.

it was throwing a code all winter for map sensor (codes for like 4 systems) was told it was more then likely sensing moisture one cause is from the exhaust leak at the y-pipe.

#7 ·
After seeing the vid, one would almost think the ignition switch was an issue. Start works but run doesn't. However, being a diesel, I would assume it would be something else.

#9 ·
Ford computer came back with a bad FICM... 43vlts on start up and 32-36vlts whe under throttle. 45 is the absolute minimum.

#11 ·
Thanks for the link, Ive been dealing with Hillz (Sean) for my engine parts from when I did the studs and updates/upgrades (good parts cheaper then new and OEM stuff) Didn't take it to a Ford dealer (couldn't afford that) lol but a Ford diesel tech is doing the work on the side hence why he's got the Ford programming to do all the checks as soon as he seen the numbers he new it was a bad FICM

#12 ·
ended up getting it going by having 2 vehicals boosting it and a shot of giggle juice (ether) yeah I know its not good for the engine but it worked lol it belched grey black smoke for 5 klms good thing for no cops :/ ran perfectly fine for the 2hr drive. Batteries are only a year old but will be getting replaced they are not holding the charge they used to which is surprising beings they aren't that old.

#13 ·
Ya, I hear you about the batteries. Wife's '11 Escape needed a new battery already. My buddy who's the parts man at the dealer says the new motorcraft batts are getting crappy. I replaced the truck batts a couple of years ago but very rarely see voltage on my SCT Livewire hit 14 volts. So while my ficm is at Ed's, I had him send me a new DC Power alternator too. That should keep my starting/changing system good for a while. Good to hear yours is running good now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.