Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

F-350 Stolen

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CaptUM 
#1 ·
Good morning all.

This past Thursday night, my 2014 F-350 dually was stolen from the parking lot of a Montreal hotel.

As all doors were locked, I am really concerned on how easy the thieves got away with the vehicle. No alarm sounded which I would have heard in my room.

I would appreciate any insight in this.

Best regards

CaptUM

#4 ·
sorry to hear about your loss. my last new truck was an F250 diesel 1996 and I can't imagine what it would have felt like to lose it, especially when away from home.

hope all works out well.
cheers James

the hotel might have security camera video to help police...........................

#5 ·
Welcome to fordtough.ca, unfortunate that your first post is a bad experience.

Small consolation, but the reality is that if someone wants something bad enough, they'll find a way to steal it, regardless of anything you do.

Easy for me to say, but all you can do is be thankful there was no damage to you or your loved ones, vehicles can be replaced easily.

Call the cops, call the insurance company and get them to spring for a new truck, Employee Pricing is a great time to buy.

#6 ·
Stolen truck, no matter what value, just sucks. I don't know what I would do if it were me. After hundreds of hours of work put into mine, I'd surely cry!

If you get a replacement, look into jimmi-jammers. I got them and glad I did. Good luck in your outcome.

#8 ·
Many years ago one of my sons lost all his expensive stereo equipment. Only took a few minutes. First thing they did was cut battery cables to disarm his alarm system and then popped a door lock.

#9 ·
Your lucky if they pop the door lock, I got a drivers side window smashed out.

I was parked in a carport in an apartment building, apartment right above where I was parked, and it was the first carport beside a main four lane road in Sarnia.

Didn't make a damn bit of difference.

Maybe post pics on our virtual milk carton, and if we saw it we could report it ?

#10 ·
Alarms now can come with battery back ups, and battery back up sirens.
Cut the battery alarm goes off.
Cut the siren, it continues to go off. Pull siren out, still goes off.
Need a special key to shut it off.

Also I've done a handful of 120db piezo sirens hidden in dashes inside vehicles too. Man are those loud! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I shall definitely invest in something when I take possession of the new vehicle.

What I really can't get my head around is how, without the chipped key, a person can just drive off with the truck. The hotel had informed me that no tow truck arrived that night.

The Ford dealer says that it is impossible to just drive off and suggesting that I had left the key in at some point.

Best regards

CaptUM

#12 ·
guessing there are a limited number of codes on the chiped keys - like the actual keys themselves had a limited number of variances so something like every 15th car would use the same key as another car

if you had a chain with 20 chiped keys , that may be all you need to take anything the keys fit - one will unlock and start it , one of them hanging
on the chain may have the correct chip code too

thinking along the lines of haveing a chiped key taped under the dash to make the remote start kits work , bringing along 20 diff chiped keys when stealing cars might be the ticket to success

in a montreal hotel parking lot and a new truck I'm betting you got bit by orginized car thieves

#13 ·
They would have to be more like organized truck thieves:0bash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.