Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

The future has arrived!

8K views 36 replies 5 participants last post by  Destructicon 
#1 ·
Ok, so on my sig panel it says The Future - Who knows? The future has saw fit to send me a 1993 F250 XLT Turbo Diesel 4x4. Any suggestions as to where to start or what to look for? Troubleshooting tips...etc. It has a 5 speed which, for me, was a deal maker. Super Cab, Black and was originally from Oregon. I'm somewhat soured on diesels by the F-550 at work but have come to realize that oil changes matter on 6.0L engines. Looks like it has a Dana 50 front axle, IFS with leaf springs. Axle code is 35 which, so far, seems to be 4.10 diff. So, I'm looking for anything from anyone in the way of info. Pics come next weekend. Body is in really good shape. That's good because I hate doing body work beyond R/R a fender, hood, door or box.

#32 ·
Something new for the truck to pull.

#34 ·
Thank-you. I'm totally new to boating, so anyone who has suggestions or tips that may be helpful would be appreciated. I'm already bugged by the fact that it's a chevy engine, and it's carbureted.

#37 ·
Boating license is already done. I got 92% with no open book. The GF got 100% with cheat notes. Picked up the trailer today from Brighton. Got it plated already. Wish my truck was that easy. Still have the front to do and discovered I needed a water pump.

Don't hate on the Dodge or my GF will kick yer arse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.