Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

6.0 vibration head ache!

NEED HELP: 
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Fordsforever6.0 
#1 ·
I've got a 2004 F250 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel 300 000 km. Lately it has developed a nasty vibration. Here's what I've got so far:

Cold starting not a problem, no error codes, idle is steady, vibration is most noticeable @ about 1500 rpm and is at its worse when cruising at 80 kph, vibration is less noticeable when in tow/haul mode, doesn't matter whether engine is hot or cold.

I replaced a bad FICM and the situation slightly improved.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Keep replacing.

#4 ·
What are you using for a code reader? Some generic ones won't pick up codes that you want to see. My gut says you might have an injector issue...this is where a good code reader will help. A dealership or a shop that works on diesels might need to assist you.

#8 ·
If they happened to tell you, you need a new ficm, go with Ed at http://ficmrepair.com/. He is the best guy for these things. Also make sure your batteries and alternator/charging system are good. Your ficm is finicky with incoming voltage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.